The Annapurna Dhaulagiri trek is community lodge trekking on less trodden remote but beautiful trails into the wonderful heart of the Annapurna region.
Annapurna Dhaulagiri trek – Finest 2 week community trekking trail in Nepal
Annapurna Dhaulagiri trekking is one of the best scenic two weeks community based tea house treks in Nepal. No other treks offer such a rich variety of spectacular scenery, peace and isolation and experience of so many diverse Himalayan culture. We stay at community run and managed lodges, whose profits directly benefit local schools and people. The trail passes through many interesting traditional villages, beautiful forests and rarely trekked high alpine pastures offers magnificent views of the spectacular Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges.
On your arrival in bustling Kathmandu, Mountain Monarch organizes an authentic Nepali welcome dinner with ethnic cultural entertainment. We explore the sights and sounds of world heritage sites in Kathmandu before we drive to the peaceful lake city of Pokhara. After a short drive to Nayapul we ascend slowly and steadily through the lust forest to Ghandruk and Tadapani – traditional ethnic settlements with most stunning mountain profile of the Annapurna and Machapuchare – the combination of charming tiny thatched roofed settlements set among the narrow terraced fields on the backdrop of breathtaking mountain ranges simply amaze you.
Stunning views from Khopra Danda and Poon hill – less trodden route
Once we leave Tadapani our route is through the remote and less trekked high alpine settlement of Bayeli and Dobato on our way to Kopra danda. Khopra ridge offers probably the most incredible views of the colossal ramparts of Dhaulagiri which plunge dramatically into the misty depths of the Kali Gandaki – the deepest gorge in the world – surrounded by the spectacular lofty peaks of Nilgiri, Annapurna I, Annapurna south which dominates the North. We have a full day for our exploration hike from the Kopra ridge climbing higher on ancient pilgrim trails to the sacred water of the pristine holy Kaire Lake nesting beneath the awesome face of Mt. Annapurna Fang of Annapurna 1.
We return by a different trail to Ghorepani via Swanta after a week long trek to this fabulous and isolated routes of the Annapurna Dhaulagiri community trekking through open alpine pastures, oak and rhododendron forest. We hike up to Poon hill to capture the magical panoramic of 8000 metre peaks of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and Manaslu and many more other satellite peaks including Hiunchuli, Annapurna south and the fluted peak of Machhapuchhare, known as the fishtail with its distinctive summit shape. We descend to Nayapul via Thirkhedhunga and then drive to Pokhara to end the memorable tea house trip to the Annapurna Dhaulagiri trek.
Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu / Nepali dinner with ethnic cultural program.
Day 02: Visit to Buddhist shrine and Hindu Cremation temple / Trek briefing
Day 03: Drive to Pokhara, lake city and over night at hotel to start the Annapurna dhaulagiri trek.
Day 04: Trek to Ghandruk after short drive.
Day 05 - 08: Trekking to Khopra Ridge. Stunning high alpine views of Annapurna and giant Dhaulagiri at its best.
Day 09: Full day exploration hike to the holy lake at Kaire / stay at community base teahouse
Day 10-11: Trekking to Ghorepani on the way of old Tibet-Nepal trading route
Day 12-13: Trekking to Poon Hill for Panoramic vistas / trek to Nayapul and drive to Pokhara
Day 14: Drive to Kathmandu. PM Free
Day 15: Annapurna dhaulagiri community trekking ends / Airport departure.
- Private Arrival / Departure transfers on both domestic and international flights.
- Standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara on twin share BB basis as itinerary.
- Full board meals while trekking (breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) on Annapurna Dhaulagir trek.
- Accommodation at local tea house while on this community trail trekking.
- Welcome dinner as listed in the itinerary.
- Half day guided city tour with world heritage entrance fees as listed in itinerary.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek as applicable.
- Mountain Monarch Trip Gears - sleeping bag, fleece inner liner, down jacket, duffle bag etc for the use during the trip.
- Professional and experienced Trek Leader / Guide trained in Wilderness First Aid with comprehensive medical kit box
- Beat of Annapurna Dhaulagiri trekking map.
- Trek Sherpa and other support staff.
- Porters to carry all personal gear and group equipment.
- Proper Insurance of all staff including porters.
- Warm clothing and trekking gear for staff including porters.
- Mountain Monarch T-shirts / other seasonal gifts.
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers.
- TIMS / Trekking permit, Annapurna conservation entry fees for Annapurna Dhaulagiri trek.
- Nepal entry Visa fees
- Your travel insurance of any kind.
- International Airfare
- All Drinks and main meals in cities.
- Tips and Items of personal expenses like hot shower, battery charge, telephone, beverage drinks etc.
US$ 1,190.00 per person