Manaslu trek in Nepal exhibits the unspoiled diverse culture and tradition with the wonderful views of Mt. Manaslu.
Manaslu trek – the last Himalayan jewels:
Manaslu circuit trekking exhibits the sensational mountain vistas, fascinating culture and biological diversity, spanning altitudes from 600 to 5500 meter – one of the Nepal’s last Himalayan jewels. This trek suits best to those who are looking for the challenging but less trodden trekking in Nepal, is also a part of the Great Himalayan trail. New tea houses are being build on all around Manaslu trek route now a days thus we are organizing this trek in tea house mode which used to be a fully camping few years back. This Manaslu trekking is also becoming the best alternative of classic Annapurna circuit due to the road construction in the some sections of Annapurna region.
We start our Manaslu trek from Arughat after the drive from Kathmandu. Trekking along the Budhi Gandaki river, the trail meanders, scrambles and climbs its way along the confines of the valley. Much of the round Manaslu trekking is in the region known as Nupri, an area of strong Tibetan influence with the trade route between the regions. As we trek higher the Hindu culture is being replaces by Buddhist features of Mani walls, Khanyi gates and Chortens as does the topography changes. This Manaslu circuit trekking region is a natural habitat for many elusive wild animals including the snow leopard, grey wolf, musk deer, Himalayan Thar and blue sheep, Keep your eyes open!! Trekking routes at lower Manaslu section is already rebuild which is being effected by the April 2015 earthquake and we have been running trips as per the regular Manaslu trek itinerary since spring 2016 – once again totally safe for trekking.
Manaslu circuit trek with Larke pass
Larke la pass is the highest vantage point in the Manaslu trek. This is a classic and tough ancient salt trading route that links the Buri Gandanti with Marsyandri valley literally Manaslu to Annapuran region. The view from the Larkya pass is simply Superb with Chuli, Himlung, Cheo himal, Larke peak, Annapurna II and Mt. Manaslu. Further we descent through the beautiful alpine valleys at Bhinthang and Jagat to join the classic Annapurna route map before driving back to Kathmandu to end the exhilarating journey of Manaslu circuit trek in the vastness of the Himalayas.
One of the less trodden New tea house trekking routes in Nepal.
Best alternative of the Annapurna circuit.
Safety on top priority thus we carry portable altitude camber or oxygen.
Medical trained and experienced trekking guide with comprehensive first aid kit
Responsible trek with 01 trekker : o1 porter.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu / welcome diner / hotel accommodation.
We customise the airport transportation to all of our Manaslu trekking group members as per their flight.
Make sure to look for the Mountain Monarch clip board on your arrival in Kathmandu.
Initial arrival information given and evening will be highlighted with group Nepal welcome dinner with cultural program. Make sure to have camera with you on dinner time.
Day 02: Cultural Sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
Half day world heritage cultural tour in morning after the breakfast.
Afternoon trek briefing and trek gear distribution.
Mountain Monarch prepared the special trekking permit for your Manaslu trek today.
Day 03: Drive to Sodi to start the around Manaslu trek
Today we take around 8 hrs drive to Sodi to start our trip to Around Manaslu.
Day 04-05: Trekking to Jagat
Pass steep rocky trail and villages along the Budhigandaki River.
Pass Natural hot spring
We stay at tea house at Jagat near by first entry Police Check post.
Day 06 - 08: Trek to Akle Bhatti ( 1606 m)
We cross several Mane walls indicate we are now entering a region of Tibetan influence.
Cross suspension bridge over Burigandaki River.
Stay Aklebhiati beyond Philim village regional administration sub district.
The trail enters a steep slopes uninhabited gorge and cross Iron bridge over Buri Gandaki river where the river is at its narrowest.
Namrung village has basic shelters and a police check post that controls access to the upper part of the valley.
Day 09 - 11: Trek to Shya 3530 meter
We enter the Nupri Region, inhabited by descendants of Tibetan immigrants.
Pass through several villages of Barcham, Li, and Sho
Spectacular views of Manaslu, Manaslu North, and Naike Peak, Himal Chuli, Ngadi Chuli (Peak 29) are highlight of the day.
Descends onto a rock-strewn moraine and scale across the boulders to emerge onto a ridge overlooking the extensive pastures and fields of Samagaon (3,541m).
Acclimatisation day at Samagaon (3,541m)
A day to take gentle hikes above the Village and visit to the monastery in the afternoon.
Day 12 -14: Trek to Samdo ( 3872 m)
Trail is at first gentle then gets rougher as it reaches a yak trains.
Village Samdo (3,872m) is nestled behind a ridge. (3-4 hours.)
We descend on a wide trail to the river and then begin the climb toward the Larkya La and climb the only shelter on the route to the pass,
A teahouse at 4,480m with views of the Larkya Glacier.
Day 15: Cross the Larkye La 5213 meter and trek to Bhimthang
Today we cross the Larkya La (5,213m) is the highest point of the around Manaslu trek.
Views are tremendous: Himlung Himal (7,125m/23,373′), Cheo Himal (6,820m/22,370′), Kang Guru (6,980m/22,898′), and Annapurna II (7,940m/26,041′).
Drops steeply and traverses scree slopes to another grassy moraine down to a large meadow and camp at Bimtang (3,720m), situated in a huge valley surrounded by high peaks. About 8-9 hours.
Day 16 - 17: Trek to Tilje 2368 meter
We descend down to diverge of Dudh Khola.
The trail continues to Tilje through village Gho.
Marsyandi Valley seems wider and finally the teahouses of Dharapani become visible.
We entry in police checkpoint at the village and then continue to Tal (1860m).
The last two days of our trek merge with classic Annapurna Circuit Trail.
Descend and cross the suspension bridge and hike through motorable road to Shreechour.
Day 18 - 19: Drive to Kathmandu and free day in Ktm
Drive to Kathmandu initially on dirt road and then on black top it is about 8 hours drive.
Browsing internet and shopping in the Thamel area or exploration of sights and sounds in your rest day in Kathmandu.
Day 20: Manaslu trekking ends / airport transfer
Today is the last day on your trip to Around Manaslu.
We make sure to have airport transfer as per your flight details.
- Private Arrival & Departure transfers on both domestic and international flights.
- Standard Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on a twin share bed- and- breakfast.
- Responsible trekking of 01 trekker : 01 porter.
- Freshly cooked Full board meals prepared by our cook on Manaslu trekking.
- Properly boiled drinking water, tea and coffee while on Manasalu trek.
- Accommodation in Tented camp and teahouse while on around manaslu trekking.
- Welcome dinner as listed in the itinerary with Around Manaslu trekking group.
- Half day guided city tour with world heritage entrance fees as listed in itinerary
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek as applicable.
- All camping equipment like 2 men member tent, dinning, kitchen, staff and toilet tent with commode, dining table with backrest chair etc.
- Mountain Monarch Trip Gears - sleeping bag, fleece liner, down jacket and rain poncho etc for the use on trek.
- Professional and experienced Trek Leader / Guide trained in Wilderness First Aid.
- Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) / Gamow Bag (A life saving device in case of Acute Mountain Sickness) along with the comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Manaslu trekking map.
- Manaslu trek permit.
- Trekking cook, kitchen staff, Trek Sherpa and other support staff.
- Porters to carry all personal gear and group equipment while on Manaslu trekking.
- Proper Insurance of all staff including porters.
- Warm clothing and trekking gear for staff including porters: Gortex jacket and trousers, fleece jacket and pant, trekking shoes / boots, woolen hat, gloves, shocks, sunglasses etc.
- Complementaty Mountain Monarch T-shirts .
- Comprehensive pre -departure information and trip dossiers
- TIMS / Trekking permit, National park / Conservation entry fees and all taxes.
- Nepal entry Visa fees, Your travel insurance of any kind while on Manaslu trekking.
- International airfare
- All Drinks and main meals in cities .
- Tips and Items of personal expenses like hot shower, battery charge, telephome, beverage drinks etc.
US$ 1,990.00 per person