24 Days Kharta Valley Trekking
20 Days in Tibet Tour and Trekking
12 Days Strenuous Tented Camping Tibet Trekking
Kathmandu Lhasa Trans – Himalayan Flight
11 Nights Hotel Accommodations in Kathmandu and Tibet
Finest Tibet trekking cross the Kharta Valley to the less trekked Kangshung Face of Everest.
The Everest Kangshung Face trek is one of the finest camping trip in Tibet as it leads across remote tiny pristine valleys along the way which are dotted with beautiful lakes, alpine gazing pastures and flowered meadows, with excellent camping area and stunning views of Makalu, Lhotse, Kangchenjunga and Everest Kangshung face. The Kharta valley trekking from Kharta into the beautiful Karma Valley to the Everest Kangshung Face is one of the most unusual and interesting approaches to Mount Everest following a more remote and different route.
In our trip to Kangshung Kharta valley trek, we fly from the bustling city of Kathmandu to Tibet, a sacred land of myths and mysteries. We spend some day’s acclimitising and exploring the sights and sounds of Buddhist Kingdom locked away in its mountains vastness.
Continuing our trip to Everest Kangshung we drive via Gyantse and Shigatse to the start of our Tibet trek at Kharta valley, a small village on the Arun River close up against the great barrier of the Himalayas. We cross the Shao La (4700m) into the forested Karma Valley and trek to the base camp at Pethang Ringmo. From a high ridge point above the Pethang camp we have stunning views of the Kangshung Face of Everest.
We trek via different return route to Kharta valley crossing the Langma La (5330m), with the stunning Himalayan profile of Makalu, Kanchenjunga and Everest. The valleys and ridges below the snowline are richly covered with grass and thick vegetation. On completing the Everest Kangshung trek we drive to Rongbuk valley for views of the north face of Everest. We descend from Tibetan high plateau into the lush sub-tropical valleys of Nepal to end our incredible Tibet trekking to Kharta valley and Kangshung Face of Everest.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu / hotel accommodation
Day 02: In Kathmandu / Cultural tour / Trip Preparation
Day 03: Flight to Lhasa, transfer to hotel in Lhasa
Day 04: In Lhasa: Drepung monastery and Norbulinkha, Jokhang temple
Day 05: In Lhasa, Sightseeing: Potala palace and Sera monastery
Day 06: Lhasa to Gyantse, via Yamdork Lake
Day 07: To Shigatse, visit Pelkor Chode and Tashilungpo
Day 08: Shigatse to Shegar
Day 09: Drive to Kharta valley (Camping)
Day 10: Trek to Dhampu
Day 11: Trek to Shao La
Day 12: Trek to Joksam
Day 13: Trek to Alpine Camp
Day 14: Trek to Pathang
Day 15: Trek to Hoppo
Day 16: Kangshung Base camp and return to Pothang
Day 16: Trek to Langma
Day 17: Trek to Langma
Day 18: Cross Langma la
Day 19: Trek to Yuba
Day 20: Drive to Rongphu Monastery
Day 21: Drive to Zhangmu (hotel)
Day 22: Drive to Kathmandu
Day 23: In Kathmandu / Free day
Day 24: Trip ends / airport transportation.
- All airport transportation.
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and Tibet on B/B Plan as on itinerary
- Welcome dinner in Tibet with Tibetan cultural program
- Full board meal prepared by trekking cook while tented camping trekking
- All private group transportation in Nepal and Tibet
- Sightseeing tour in Lhasa and on the way to Kathmandu
- English speaking tour trekking guide
- Entrance fees of sightseeing tour as mentioned in itinerary
- Nepali Trek leader trained on wilderness first aid course
- Portable Altitude Chamber along with comprehensive medical kit and Oxygen.
- Trekking cook and staff while trekking to Everest Advance Base Camp
- All required trekking equipment including member tent.
- Tiber Visa fees and Travel permit
- Tibet Kangshung face Kharta valley trekking Permit
- Personal trekking gears like Sleeping bag, down jacket, inner liner, and duffle bag for the use while trekking.
- Yak and Yak man to carry all the trekking and personal gears while trekking.
- Nepal entry Visa, Travel insurance
- International flight and airport departure taxes
- Mail meals in hotel in Tibet and Kathmandu
- Tips and Personal expenses such as drinks, postage, laundry, Photograph charge.
- Costs arising from unforeseen events outside the control of Mountain Monarch (eg. Landslides, road blocks etc)
US$ 4,590.00 per person