Everest panorama trek – a short tea house trekking and hiking trip in the Everest region.
Everest panorama trek – short tea house hike to Tengoboche monastery
Everest Panorama trek is one of the short tea houses trekking holiday in the Everest region. It is also known as Tengboche trek, an introductory short Everest hiking trip in Nepal. This short hiking in Everest leads you all the way half to the Everest base camp  which offer the views of stunning Himalayan peaks including the mount Everest from a low elevation in less then two weeks from arrival to departure ex. Kathmandu.
We fly to Lukla (2827 meters) with spectacular views of the mountains to start our Everest panorama trekking in the Everest region. We hike to the Sherpa settlement of Namche Bazaar (3440 meters), an unofficial capital of the Sherpas exploring Phakding and Manjo following the Dudh Koshi valley. We stay 2 nights at Namche and the acclimatization and exploration day allow you to hike toward Thamu and National park museum. Hiking further up we head to Khumjung, city in could, we explore the Everest view hotel, Kunde hospital and Khumjung School in our trek to Everest panorama. Khumjung monastery boasts to have the Yeti scalp and we have time to check it. We hike to Tengboche monastery, the most famous in Everest region via the different route of Monla, Phortse to witness the mt. Cho Oyu and Pangboche village to explore the the oldest monastery in the whole Everest region. Tengboche is rewarded with the views of Everest soaring behind Nuptse, Lhotse on north east and Ama Dablam, Kangtega, Tawache on south east.
Thus this Everest Panorama trek or Tengboche trekking suits best to those who don’t have time and energy to go all the way to Everest base camp but wish to see the tallest peak of mt. Everest with parade of satellite peaks all around and to explore the wonderful Sherpa culture and tradition at first hand.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu / dinner with cultural program.
Your trek guide will be there to greet you and transfer you to the hotel. Simply relax and take pleasure in the fun of driving through the unfamiliar roads.
• Short preliminary briefing after transferring you to the hotel.
• Arriving early gives you an opportunity to explore Kathmandu.
• Welcome dinner and getting to know each other.
Day 02: Fly to Lukla and start Everest panorama trek.
This 3 – 4 hours easy walk on the legendary trekking trail through the cultured Sherpa villages with its exceptional beauty and the view of stunning Dudh Koshi gorge, landscape and deep valley is unique.
• Flying in a twin-otter plane to a small Lukla airport at the elevation of 2840m.
• Beautiful walk through the series of stunning settlement.
• The scenic beauty, deep gorge and farming terraces at the backdrop is phenomenal.
• Overnight stay at stunning Phakding, fabulous dinner and briefing by your leader along with number of alluring narratives.
Day 03 - 04: Namche Bazaar (3450 m / 11318ft) walk approx 7/8 hrs.
One great adventure of a lifetime. Despite long hours walk it’s far more than just trekking. Give time to adapt your body with thin air. It’s not a matter about proving your physical strength, its more about taking pleasure with steady ascend.
• Wake up call as set by your leader.
• 3 hours gentle walk through series of pleasant villages to Jorsale for lunch.
• Crossing of 5 high suspension bridges is daring.
• The scenic beauty, deep gorge and soaring cliffs at the backdrop is phenomenal.
• Great view of Kusum Kangroo, Thamserku and Holy Khumbiyela mountain.
Day 05: Khumjung (3780 m/12401ft) walks 3 hrs.
Short and relaxing walk to the “Valley inside the Clouds”, Khumjung, situated at the base of the holy mountain Khumbiyela is exceptionally sensational.
• 2 and ½ hours easy walk.
• Visit to yak farm, school built by Edmund Hillary and Khumjung Monastery to witness the scalp of the yeti is another legendary quest.
• Free afternoon to give yourself a break for some activities.
Day 06: Trek to Phortse Village (3810 m / 12500ft) walk approx 6 hrs via Mong la
We skip the overcrowded traditional trial and explore the lower section of Gokyo valley with the most amazing setting.
• Fabulous walk to the ridge of Mong-La with stunning mountain views.
• Deep drop to the Gokyo gorge for lunch with chances to see musk deer.
• Unlike many other settlements, the terraced village of Phortse is special of its kind.
Day 07: Trek to Thyangboche (3860 m / 12664ft) walk approx. 6 hrs
Leaving Phortse we trek to Thyangboche Monastery via Panbuche, the valley of mountain goats. This semi circuit trek through the elevated mountain cliff trail is breathtaking with picturesque outlook.
• Skipping the traditional trail the walk in the environment of serenity is different experience.
• Chances of seeing the wild life with grandiose landscape.
• Fabulous lunch at Pangbuche with Amadablam at the backdrop dominating the surrounding.
• Overnight stay at Thyangboche, another prominent settlement.
Day 08: Trek to Manjo / walk approx 7 hrs
Today we trek back to Monjo via Namche where we still can do our last minute shopping or get ourselves a cup of coffee at Illy café or German bakery.
• After breakfast we drop more than 600m down to the deep valley of Phortse Tenga.
• Walking up to Kyangjuma through the forest of pine is soothing.
• Last minute shopping at Namche and head down to Manjo
Day 09: Trek to Lukla / walk for around 6 hrs
Day 10: Fly to Kathmandu
Day 11: Cultural tours to Buddhist Shrine and Pashupatinath temple
Day 12: Everest panorama trek ends / airprot transfer
- Arrival and Departure transfers on both domestic and international flights.
- Standard Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on a twin share bed- and- breakfast basis as per the itinerary.
- Full board meals while on Everest Panorama trekking to Thyanboche monastery.
- Accommodation in comfortable lodge or Teahouse.
- Welcome dinner with cultural program as listed in the itinerary.
- Half day guided city tour as listed in itinerary.
- All Domestic flights and airport tax as listed in the itinerary.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek as applicable.
- Free use of quality trekking gear - sleeping bag, fleece inner liner, down jacket, rain poncho etc while on Everest trek.
- Professional local trekking group leader well trained in Wilderness First Aid.
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Trekking guides and other support staff.
- Porters to carry all personal gear and group equipment.
- Insurance of all staff including porters.
- Warm clothing and other required trekking gear for porters like Gortex jacket /trousers, trekking shoes, woolen hat, woolen gloves, woolen shocks, sun glasses etc.
- Complementary trek duffle bag and Mountain Monarch T-shirts / other seasonal gifts.
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers
- Trekking permit, national park / conservation entry fees for the Everest panorama trekking.
- Nepal entry Visa fees.
- International Airfare .
- Your Travel Insurance.
- Drinks and main meals in cities.
- Tips and Items of a personal nature like postage and laundry .
US$ 1,390.00 per person