Island peak climbing – 6189 meter trekking peak climbing summit thrill, next to the Mt. Everest.
51 trekkers out of 62 booked with us in 2016 trip to Island peak has scaled the top with Incredible success rate. Similarly 55 out of 74 trekkers have climbed in 2015.
All 24 booked in spring 2017 to Island peak scaled the Summit with 100% success rate.
All personal and group climbing gear provided: La Sportiva climbing boot, Exped down filled mattress, sleeping bag, down jacket so no need to bring or invest in expensive gear just for one trip.
Island peak climbing
There is no doubt that Himalayan peaks have drawn adventurers, climbers and cultural enthusiast for many decades. Among all the trekking peaks in Nepal, Island peak is the most popular as it is suitable to all novice climbers and experienced trekkers. It offer an exhilarating climbing experience beyond simply trekking in Nepal with hike to Everest base camp at one go. By climbing the Island peak, you will stand on a summit of wonderful mountain at 6189 meters with almost the same unforgettable sense of achievement as you would on the top of mt. Everest. The Island peak climbing is physically demanding but not technically challenging which is graded as Alpine PD+.
We run all our trip in responsible way with safety and comfort as possible at its highest standard. We ensure the medical trained and experienced group leader to lead your trip to Island peak expedition. We ensure the proper safety back up like Oxygen and medical box in dealing with any problems that may arise. Proud to share with you that Mountain Monarch is the pioneering company having responsible trekking policy of 01 TREKKER:01 PORTER so you can have own pace and flexibility on trip. No doubt you can boast that you have your own personal porter who is traveling light with bigger smile.
Expedition to Island Peak with Everest Base Camp trek
Island peak is also known as Imja Tse is often the first step for most of the climbers before any summit attempt of giant peaks in the Himalaya. After checking all the gear and exploring the sights and sounds of bustling Kathmandu, we take an exciting flight to the STOL airport of Lukla to begin our journey to Island peak climbing with Everest base camp hike. We climb the less trodden trail to the Everest base camp and Kalapathar for proper acclimatization on the way to Island peak base camp. We customize a special climbing training session at the base camp where you will receive training from our experienced climbing guides on required climbing skills to scale the summit safely and successfully.
Summit day – standing on top of Island Peak at 6189 meter
The Island peak climbing summit day starts very early in the morning with an interesting scramble along a rock ridge to a glacier. Above the rock ridge there is a steep snow head wall leading to the summit, off course this is a physically challenging but a great day of achievement. Our permanent and highly experienced climbing guides fix NEW ropes to ensure safe ascent with jumar and harness for the strenuous and challenging section that climbs up a 60 – 70 degree face about 100 meters to the summit ridge. From the top of Island peak, you can see a breathtaking panorama of gigantic mountains – Nuptse (7,879m), Lhotse (8,501m), Lhotse central (8,410m) and Lhotse Shar (8,383m) which form a semi circle in the north and the stunning views of Makalu (8475m), Baruntse (7129m) in the east and famous expedition peak of Amadablam (6812m) in the south – a never to be forgotten experience of Island peak climb with Everest base camp in the Himalayas.
6189 meter Island peak climbing with hike to Everest base camp
All personal and group climbing gears PROVIDED
Climbing clinic course at base camp thus no preview climbing training or experienced required.
Full board meals and tea house plus camping on trek, hotel in Ktm.
Responsible travel : 01 trekker:01 porter
Hassle free trip - trek and climbing permit to Lukla flight
Experienced climbing guide and cook team at Island peak base camp with solar panel
Medical trained group leader with Oxygen cylinder or PAC bag and first aid kit.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu / Dinner with cultural program.
Day 02: Explore Buddhist Stupa and Hindu Cremation Shrines / Trip preparation
Day 03-04: Fly to Lukla and trekking to Namche to start the Island peak expedition.
after getting landed we head to Namche the sherpa capital city trhought the Bhote Koshi river. Gradual up hill ascend from 2800 meter to 3440 meter. we spent a night at Phakding. We enjoyed the walk thourgh the rhodedentron forest and Number peaks. Sherpa culture entrill you.
Day 05-06: Trek to Khumjung after an acclimatization rest day at Namche.
Day 07: Trek to Photse via Monla, on the way to Gokyo valley
Day 08-09: Trek to Dingboche, above tree line / exploration day.
Day 10: Trek to Lobuche with extraordinary scenery.
Day 11-12: Trek the Everest Base Camp and climb Kalapathar for proper acclimtisation.
Day 13-14: Climb to Island peak base camp / Rest and climbing clinic
Day 15-16: Island peak climbing period / sensational Himalayan panorama.
Day 17-19: Trekking down to Lukla via Pangboche and Thyangboche.
Day 20-21: Fly to Kathmandu / Rest day.
Day 22: Island peak climbing trip ends / Airport transportation.
- Private Arrival and Departure transfers on both domestic and international flights.
- Standard Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on a twin share bed- and- breakfast basis as per the itinerary.
- Full board meals while trekking (breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner) entire Island peak climbing.
- Freshly cooked Full board meals prepared by our cook while on Island peak expedition.
- Properly boiled drinking water, tea and coffee while on trek.
- Responsible trekking in Himalayas with One trekker : One porter ratio policy.
- Accommodation in tea house or lodge while on Island peak Everest base camp trekking.
- Accommodation in Tented camp while on the island peak climbing.
- Nepali welcome dinner as listed in the itinerary.
- Half day guided city tour with world heritage entrance fees as listed in itinerary.
- All Domestic flights and airport tax as listed in the itinerary to start the Island peak trek.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek as applicable.
- Island Peak climbing expeditions Permit Royalty of US$ 250 only per person and other government tax.
- Climbing Clinic Course at base camp.
- All required Personal and Group Climbing gear: LA SPORTIVA climbing boot, EXPED down-filled mattress, Black daimond crampons, ice axe, zoomer, harness, figure of eight, carabineer, helmat, climbing rope etc.
- We provide all camping gear including - tents for member, dining tent with table and backrest chair, Kitchen tent with utensils, staff, porter and toilet tents on whole trip.
- Mountain Monarch Trip Gears - sleeping bag, fleece inner liner, down jacket, rain poncho etc for the use during the trip. S
- Professional local experienced Trek Leader / Guide trained in Wilderness First Aid.
- Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) / Gamow Bag (A life saving device in case of Acute Mountain Sickness) or Oxygen along with the comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Island peak climbing trip map.
- Well-experienced Climbing guide with all his allowance and expenses.
- Trekking cook, kitchen staff, Trek Sherpa and other support staff while on Island peak climbing.
- Porters to carry all personal gear and group equipment on Island peak Everest base camp trek.
- Proper Insurance of all staff including porters.
- Warm clothing and trekking gear for staff including porters: Gortex jacket, gortex trousers, fleece jacket and pant, trekking shoes, woolen hat, gloves, shocks, sunglasses etc.
- Complementary Mountain Monarch Island peak climbing T-shirts.
- Island Peak climbing certificates issued from the respective body of Nepal Government.
- Comprehensive pre - departure information and trip dossiers.
- Trekking permit, Everest National park entry fees required for the Island peak expedition.
- Nepal entry Visa fees, Your travel insurance of any kind.
- International Airfare to Kathmandu for the Island peak trip.
- All Drinks and main meals in cities.
- Tips and Items of personal expenses like hot shower, battery charge, telephone, beverage drinks etc.
US$ 2,650.00 per person