Exceptional high altitude Himalayan traverse routes to the trekking peaks of Mera and Island with the challenging Amphu Laptsa pass in the Himalayas.
03 out of 04 trekkers booked in autumn 2015 have successfully climbed both Mera and Island peaks.
Mera and Island are two famous trekking peaks in the Himalayas. Climbing of Mera and Island peaks combined with crossing the high spectacular and challenging Amphu Lapcha pass makes this Mera and Island Peak via Amphu Laptsa pass expedition a very special one that enables you to have the best demanding trekking and climbing experience available in Nepal. Mountain Monarch has professionally designed this Mera and Island peaks expedition itinerary to allow every participant to have proper acclimatization to summit the two trekking peaks at over 6000 meter and cross a less-attempted challenging pass of Amphu Lapcha and to trek through the remote valleys of Hinku and Imja tse in Everest region – a fantastic opportunity not to miss in the Himalayas.
Crossing the challenging Amphu labtsa pass with climbing the Mera and Island peak in Himalayas.
Standing over 6460 metres, spectacular Mera Peak offers a great Himalayan summit thrill – an introductory long high altitude climb to the summit, never steep enough to get too scary but completely exhilarating. Island Peak at 6189 metres, though of a lesser height, is a slightly more technically demanding and exposed, allowing you to test the climbing skills you have learn from the Mera Peak ascent and Amphu Laptsa traverse crossing. The view from the both of these peaks summit is simply breathtaking. We organise special climbing training course at base camp to ensure that you are able and confident enough to summit both of these trekking peaks in Himalayas safely. The Amphu Labtsa pass is requires technical climbing ability to cross it safely but our climbing guides and support team fix ropes for you to abseil from the rocky crest. In this way all the expedition team members are able to descend safely. Our support team also fixes ropes on the compact blue glacier ice from the Amphu Laptsa pass top to base camp.
We spend two nights in Kathmandu checking all the expedition gear and exploring the cultural sights before we take an exciting flight to Lukla to start the Mera Island Peak climbing via Amphu Laptsa pass. We take the regular route to Mera Peak summit trekking through the lush forests of rhododendron and pine up to Mera base camp via Tangnang, while higher up there are the uninhabited alpine areas of the upper Hinku valley. After the Mera Peak summit, we head eastwards exploring the less used route towards Makalu Base Camp and the wilderness of the Hinku valley. We camp at Seto Pokhari, a sacred lake at over 5000 meters nestling beneath the stunning ramparts of Chamlang – Lhotse and Everest dominate the horizon. Our next challenge is crossing the tough Amphu Labtsa pass at 5700 meters with its difficult technical descent on our way to Island Peak base camp. The panoramic summit view is absolutely wonderful and will stay in your memory forever.
Finally we trek down to Lukla via Thyangboche monastery. We stay at local tea houses while trekking down from Island Peak to Lukla so you can enjoy the cosy comfort of the thw dining room and sleep in a comfortable bed after many nights spent in tented camps. We expect our participants on this Mera and Island with Amphu Laptsa expedition to have extensive outdoor adventure skills with good trekking and hiking experience. Prior climbing experience is recommended and welcome but not mandatory as we will train you in all necessary climbing skills at base camps.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu / Welcome dinner
Arrive in Kathmandu / Welcome dinner
Day 02: Trip preparation: cultural tour and check / set gears
Trip preparation: cultural tour and check / set gears
Day 03: Fly to Lukla to start the expedition trip to Mera Island peak via Amphu Laptsa pass
Fly to Lukla to start the expedition trip to Mera Island peak via Amphu Laptsa pass
Day 04-06: Cross the Pangum la with first view of Mera peak
Cross the Pangum la with first view of Mera peak
Day 07-09: Trekking thought the lust Redodendro forest to Tangnang via Narging and Pacha Pokhari
Trekking thought the lust Redodendro forest to Tangnang via Narging and Pacha Pokhari
Day 10-13: Climb Mera peak base camp / climbing training / acclimatization
Climb Mera peak base camp / climbing training / acclimatization
Day 14: Set Mera high camp at 5800 meter / Panoramic vista of Himalayas
Set Mera high camp at 5800 meter / Panoramic vista of Himalayas
Day 15: Summit day / early start to the Mera peak top / Himalayan summit thrill
Summit day / early start to the Mera peak top / Himalayan summit thrill
Day 16-18: Climb to Amphu Laptsa base camp through Ongmadingma and Seto PokharI tented camp stay
Climb to Amphu Laptsa base camp through Ongmadingma and Seto PokharI tented camp stay
Day 19: Cross the Amphu Labtsa pass / ascend and descent with fixed rope on glacier and rock
Cross the Amphu Labtsa pass / ascend and descent with fixed rope on glacier and rock
Day 20-21: Climb to the Island peak base camp / rest day
Climb to the Island peak base camp / rest day
Day 22: Early start for the Island peak summit / great panoramic views
Early start for the Island peak summit / great panoramic views
Day 23-25: Trek down to Lukla via Thyangboche and Namche / stay at teahouse / enjoy the shower
Trek down to Lukla via Thyangboche and Namche / stay at teahouse / enjoy the shower
Day 26-27: Fly to Kathmandu / contingency day in case of bad weather for Lukla flight
Fly to Kathmandu / contingency day in case of bad weather for Lukla flight
Day 28: End of the Mera and Island peak with Amphu Laptsa pass climbing trip /airport transfer.
End of the Mera and Island peak with Amphu Laptsa pass climbing trip /airport transfer.
- Private Arrival and Departure transfers on both domestic and international flights.
- Standard Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on Twin Share BB as per the Plan.
- Freshly cooked Full board meals prepared by our cook (breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) on whole Mera and Island peak climbing.
- Resposible trekking and climbing with 01 poter to 01 trekker.
- Properly boiled drinking water, tea and coffee while on whole Mera Island Amaphu Laptcha trip.
- Accommodation in Tented camp while on Mera and Island peak climbinb trip wigh Amaphu Laptsa pass.
- Accommodation at teahouse for 3 nights on the way down to Lukla from Island peak
- Welcome dinner as listed in the itinerary.
- Half day guided city tour with world heritage entrance fees as in itinerary.
- All Domestic flights and airport tax as listed in the itinerary.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek.
- Mera and Island Peak Climbing Permit Royalty and other government tax.
- Climbing Clinic Course at base camp
- All required Personal and Group Climbing gear: Plastic climbing boot, crampons, climbing rope, ice axe, zoomer, harness, figure of eight, carabineer etc
- All camping equipment provided including2-person member tent, dinning tent with table and chari, kitchen tent, staff and porter tent, toilet tent with commode etc.
- Mountain Monarch gear - sleeping bag, fleece inner liner, down jacket, rain poncho etc for the use during the trip.
- Professional and experienced trekking group leader trained in Wilderness First Aid.
- Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) / Gamow Bag (A life saving device in case of Acute Mountain Sickness) along with the comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Well-experienced Climbing guide with all his allowance and expenses.
- Satellite Phone in case of emergency
- Trekking cook, kitchen staff, Trek Sherpa and other support staff.
- Porters to carry all personal gear and group equipment.
- Proper Insurance of all staff including porters.
- Warm clothing and trekking gear for staff including porters: Gortex jacket and trousers, fleece jacket and pant, trekking shoes, woolen hat, gloves, shocks, sunglasses etc.
- Mera and Everest region trekking map.
- Complementary duffle bag along with Mountain Monarch T-shirts.
- Peak climbing certificates issued from the respective body of Nepal Government.
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers
- Makalu and Everest National park and all government taxes etc.
- Nepal entry Visa fees, Your travel insurance of any kind, International Airfare
- All Drinks and main meals in cities.
- Tips and Items of personal expenses like hot shower, battery charge, telephone, beverage drinks etc
US$ 3,950.00 per person