Annapurna Base Camp Trekking
Annapurna Base Camp Trek – 2 weeks of tea house trekking adventure in the Himalayas.
This Annapurna base camp trekking is one of best moderate plus two weeks tea house trek in the Himalayas. It combines the breathtaking Himalayan vista with incredible cultural diversity at its best. We hike through the hatched roofed settlements and serene lust alpine rhododendron forest. This ABC trek offer great opportunity if you ever had a dream to get into the midst of snowy peaks. Obviously no worry of any altitude problems as we go lots of ups and downs on the way to base camp of wonderful Annapurna peaks. We stay at local tea house which allow us to chat with local people to explore and know them at first hand. We encounter many ethnic groups while trekking mainly Gurung and Magar, better known as brave Gurkhas.
Hike to Sanctuary camp of Annapurna peak
Notably this adventure to the Annapurna Base Camp trekking start from Pokhara Valley, scenic lake city in Nepal. We start our trip with ascend of Annapurna foothill to the Ghorepani. Furthermore we take morning exploration hike to the Poon hill for the tantalising sunrise view. The fifth highest mountain Dhaulagiri dominates the skyline across the deepest Kali Gandaki gorge while the Annapurna south and Machhapuchhre loom high above us. Not to miss the panoramic view from Poon hill – simply the best.
No double the hike to Poon hill allows time for proper acclimation before we ascend the Annapurna base camp. Climbing higher along the narrow gorge of Modi Kola we reach the Annapurna base camp via the Machapuchare base camp. You find yourself in midst of impressive snowy peaks including Annapurna I, Annapurna III, Annapurna south, Hiumchuli, tent peak, Gangapurna and fluted fishtail. Undoubtedly this high and glaciated wilderness sanctuary is simply breathtaking and incomparable in your Annapurna base camp trekking.
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu / airport transportation/ stay at hotel in Thamel
- Day 02: Half day cultural tour in Kathmandu / trek preparation and briefing
- Day 03: Drive to Pokhara, a popular holiday destination / explore the lake scenic city
- Day 04 - 05: Start Annapurna base camp trekking and reach to Ghorepani
- Day 06: Morning exploration hike to POON HILL for the great Himalayan views and trek down to Tadapani.
- Day 07-10: Trekking to Annapurna base camp though Chomrong, Dovan and Machapuchare base camp
- Day 11-13: Trekking down to Nayapul and drive back to Pokhara / stay at hotel.
- Day 14: Drive back to Kathmandu / free exploration / stay at hotel
- Day 15: Annapurna base camp trekking ends / airport transportation.