Annapurna Dhaulagiri Trek
Annapurna Dhaulagiri Trek – Community lodge trekking on less trodden remote but beautiful trails into the wonderful heart of the Annapurna region.
Annapurna Dhaulagiri trek is one of the best scenic two weeks community based finest tea house treks in Nepal. No other treks offer such a rich variety of spectacular scenery, peace and isolation and experience of so many diverse Himalayan culture. We stay at community run and managed lodges, whose profits directly benefit local schools and people. The trail passes through many interesting traditional villages, beautiful forests and rarely trekked high alpine pastures. Truly magnificent views of the spectacular Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges.
On your arrival in bustling Kathmandu, Mountain Monarch organise an authentic Nepali welcome dinner with ethnic cultural dances. We explore the sights and sounds of world heritage sites in Kathmandu before we drive to the peaceful lake city of Pokhara. Further more we take short drive to Nayapul and then ascend slowly and steadily through the lust forest to Ghandruk and Tadapani. No doubt traditional ethnic settlements with most stunning mountain profile of the Annapurna and Machapuchare. Surprisingly combination of charming tiny thatched roofed settlements set among the narrow terraced fields on the backdrop of breathtaking mountain ranges simply amaze you.
Stunning views from Khopra Danda and Poon hill – on less trodden Annapurna Dhaulagiri trek
Once we leave Tadapani our route is through the remote and less trekked high alpine settlement of Bayeli and Dobato on our way to Kopra danda. Undoubtedly Khopra ridge offers probably the most incredible views of the colossal ramparts of Dhaulagiri. It plunge dramatically into the misty depths of the Kali Gandaki – the deepest gorge in the world. Which is being surrounded by the spectacular lofty peaks of Nilgiri, Annapurna I, Annapurna south which dominates the North. We do an exploration hike to the Kaire lake, an ancient pilgrimage temple beneath the awesome face of Annapurna Fang.
We return by a different trail to Ghorepani via Swanta after a week long trek. This is fabulous and isolated routes through open alpine pastures, oak and rhododendron forest. We hike up to Poon hill to capture the magical panoramic of 8000 metre peaks of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and Manaslu. Besides that many more other satellite peaks including Hiunchuli, Annapurna south and the fluted peak of Machhapuchhare distinctly seen. We descend to Nayapul to end the memorable tea house trip to the Annapurna Dhaulagiri trek.
- Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu / Nepali dinner with ethnic cultural program.
- Day 02: Visit to Buddhist shrine and Hindu Cremation temple / Trek briefing
- Day 03: Drive to Pokhara, lake city and over night at hotel to start the Annapurna dhaulagiri trek.
- Day 04: Trek to Ghandruk after short drive.
- Day 05 - 08: Trekking to Khopra Ridge. Stunning high alpine views of Annapurna and giant Dhaulagiri at its best.
- Day 09: Full day exploration hike to the holy lake at Kaire / stay at community base teahouse
- Day 10-11: Trekking to Ghorepani on the way of old Tibet-Nepal trading route
- Day 12-13: Trekking to Poon Hill for Panoramic vistas / trek to Nayapul and drive to Pokhara
- Day 14: Drive to Kathmandu. PM Free
- Day 15: Annapurna dhaulagiri community trekking ends / Airport departure.