Annapurna Machhapuchhre Trek
Newly open off the beaten tea house Mardi Himal trek in Annapurna region – less than 2 weeks in Nepal.
The Annapurna Machhapuchhre trek (Fishtail) is also known as Mardi Himal trekking for outstanding mountain profile. The itinerary follows the least trodden trail away from the trekkers’ madding crowd. We hike into the forests and the Himalayan settlements that have not felt the impact of tourism as such till now. There are newly open tea house for accommodation on this trekking route now which used to be fully camping earlier. Thus this Annapurna Machhapuchhre trek is suitable to those who have less time and wish to explore the off the beaten track in Nepal with the essence of exploration.
We take short drive from Pokhara to Phedi, trek starting point. After the drive we start our trek the Dhampus in our way to Mardi Himal. We ascend through the tradition settlements and pristine oak and rhododendron forest. Undoubtedly it offers close up dramatic scenery of sacred Mt. Machapuchare, Mardi Himal and many other peaks in the Annapurna range. The great ice fields and the blue glaciers of the Annapurna sanctuary walls lie below us while we are walking on the ridge towards the Mardi himal. Further more we descend from the different route to the warm valley and friendly villages on the bank of Mardi river. Surprisingly still away from the used popular trekking routes on our way back to Pokhara. Thus Annapurna Mardi himal trek is one of the finest short off the beaten tea house trek in the Annapurna region.
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu / dinner with cultural program.
- Day 02: Cultural tour to Buddhist stupa and Pashupatinath temple. Trek preparation.
- Day 03: Drive to Pokhara, Annapurna trekking starting point, over night at hotel.
- Day 04: Short drive to Annapurna foothill and trek to Dhampus.
- Day 05-08: Trekking to High camp / An exploration day / stunning close-up views of Machapuchare, Mardi Himal and Annapurna.
- Day 09-11: Descend down / short drive to Pokhara / time to explore the lake city.
- Day 12: Drive to Kathmandu / PM free.
- Day 13: Trip end / Airport departure.