Nar Phu Tilicho Lake Trek
An Exploration of Great Himalayan trail’s high passes, remote Nar Phu Valley and Tilicho Lake
The Annapurna Nar Phu Tilicho trek is an ideal for those trekkers who have time and appetite to venture into some of the less trodden remote regions of Nepal beyond the regular trekking routes. This tea house trek offers the pictorial landscape of recently opened region of Nar and Phu valley, situated just north of popular Annapurna circuit route. The Nar Phu valley topography is trans Himalayan and similar to that of Tibet. Thus the trails are still rugged that has changed little over the years. We spend few days in exploring this remote valley and cross the Kang La pass (5300m) on the way to Manang.
Nar Phu and Tilicho Trek in Annapurna
Furthermore we head to Jomsom via the best-kept secret remote trekking route of Meso Kantu pass (5099m) and the world’s highest situated outstanding Tilicho Lake (5300m). The entire trekking route of Annapurna Nar Phu Tilicho trek is a section of GHT the Great Himalayan Trail. Notably this less trodden trail of Mesokunda pass offers a more challenging and exciting alternative to the popular Thorong La pass. Futhermore we take an exciting mountain flight from Jomsom to Pokhara via the Kali Gandaki gorge. This flight offers the stunning Himalayan ranges of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna on both sides. We spend a night in Pokhara, an adventure hub destination of its own for many tourists visiting into Nepal. Ultimately we return back to Kathmandu to savour our exhilarating journey to Nar Phu valley and Tilicho lake trip in the vastness of the Annapurna.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu / O/n at hotel / Welcome dinner
- Day 02: Cultural Tours in Kathmandu / Preparation for Trek
- Day 03: Drive to Besishahar (860m). Trek start
- Day 04 - 07: Trek to Koto (2685m) leave the main trail
- Day 08: Trek to Methang Pati (3560m) Tibetan landscape valley, magnificent mountain scenery.
- Day 09: Trek to Meta (4400 m) explore great canyons, rock pillars, monasteries and ruined forts.
- Day 10: Trek to Nar (remote valley)
- Day 11-14: Exploration of the Nar and Phu valley Cross the Kangla Pass (5300 m)
- Day 15: Trek to Manang
- Day 16 - 17: Trek to Tilicho Lake (5300 m)
- Day 18 - 20: Trek to Jomsom via Kaisang and Meso Kanta pass (5099m)
- Day 21: Fly to Pokhara
- Day 22: In Pokhara
- Day 23: Fly to Kathmandu
- Day 24: Nar Phu Tilicho lake trip ends / ariport departure.