Annapurna Sanctuary Trek
The scenic Annapurna Sanctuary trek leads into the hidden alpine Amphitheater of Annapurnas
Annapurna sanctuary trek is one of the finest 2 weeks tea house trekking in Annapurna region. This trek leads to the fabulous high mountains amphitheater also known as Annapurna base camp. The trekking route passes through many varied climatic condition from sub tropical to alpine. Thus inevitably the vegetation changes accordingly giving trekkers a wonderful variety of flora and fauna. You will meet many different ethnic groups – it is rather like trekking through a live, open museum. You will experience some of the diverse but equally friendly people and cultures of Nepal.
We start this Annapurna sanctuary trek with gradually ascend through the beautiful varied landscape of cultivated terraced field and lust forest of oaks, magnolia and rhododendron trees. The early morning hike to Poon hill (3230 meter) give you the best possible panoramic sunrise view on whole fabulous Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges. This hike to poon hill also allow time of proper acclimatisation on the way to Annapurna Sanctuary. The combination of tiny thatch-roofed villages set among the narrow terraced fields with the backdrop of stunning snow-capped mountain ranges makes it is one of the most picturesque treks in the Himalayas.
Trekking to the Sanctuary of Annapurnas
We continue the Annapurna sanctuary trek following the beautiful green Modi Khola valleys. The valley surrounded by spectacular towering peaks and sheer high rock walls with gushing sparkling waterfalls tumbling down into the roaring river below. We ascend to fascinating Machhapuchhare Base Camp beyond that the valley widens as it reach the lateral moraine of Annapurna south glacier. The mountain views are simply breathtaking from here. Hiumchuli, Annapurna south, Annapurna I, Annapurna III, Gangapurna, Macchapuchhare (Fishtail) complete a fabulous panorama. A further gradual 3 hours steady climbing and you will reach Annapurna Base Camp. A vast spectacular natural alpine amphitheater of spell bound surrounding of the Annapurna sanctuary. A truly wonderland of glistering peaks, snowfields and glaciers – an unforgettable Himalayan paradise.
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu / welcome dinner.
- Day 02: Visit to Buddhist and Hindu shrines.
- Day 03-04: Drive to Pokhara / stay at hotel to start the Annapurna sanctuary trek.
- Day 05-06: Trek to Ghorepani, exploration hike to POON HILL - a great Himalayan vista
- Day 07-09: Trekking to Macchapuchhare Base camp: enjoy the stunning Panomara.
- Day 10: Trek to Annapurna base camp / Annapurna sanctuary
- Day 11-13: Descend to Nayapul/ short drive to Pokhara / explore the lake city.
- Day 14: Drive to Kathmandu / PM free.
- Day 15: Annapurna sanctuary trekking ends / Airport departure.
Finest 2 weeks tea house trekking in Annapurna region
- Trekking to the Annapurna sanctuary with Poon hill exploration hike
- Exploration of the cultural sights and sound in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Full board meals with boiled drinking water while on trek
All trek permit and medical trained trek guide and trek crew support.