Detail trekking itinerary of Annapurna Sanctuary trip
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu / welcome dinner.
- Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to your hotel and check the Mountain Monarch clip board on your arrival in Kathmandu airport.
- Arrival information
- Welcome dinner with cultural program. Make sure to have camera with you.
Day 02: Visit to Buddhist and Hindu shrines.
- 3 – 4 hrs half -day sightseeing tour of world heritage site Pashupatinath and Boudhanath in morning.
- Trek briefing and gear distribution in the afternoon.
Day 03-04: Drive to Pokhara / stay at hotel to start the Annapurna sanctuary trek.
- 6 / 7 hrs drive to Pokhara and time to explore pokhara in the evening. Early morning drive via Prithiviraj Marg Highway to Pokhara and then divert route to Pokhara by following the Marsyangdi River valley, we pass through the small towns, villages and terraced paddy fields. After arrival in Pokhara your spare time can be used to explore peaceful surroundings of Pokhara or boating on the Fewa Lake.
Day 05-06: Trek to Ghorepani, exploration hike to POON HILL - a great Himalayan vista
- Short drive to the Nayapul trek starting point.
- At Birethanti will entry conservation permit and continue following the Bhurungdi River, steep climb to first teahouse stay at Ulleri village.
- Ghorepani (2840m) small town with excellent views of snowy peaks very close.
- Excursion to Poon Hill (3220m)Second highlighted mountain views 180′ panoramic views.
Day 07-09: Trekking to Macchapuchhare Base camp: enjoy the stunning Panomara.
- The trail drops down to the Gurdung Khola (river).
- Highlight of the day is Towering peak Annapurna South right above head ((7219m) and mighty Fishtail (6993m) facing it across the valley.
- Machhapuchare Base Camp (3703m) geological variations fresh greenery to arid nature.
Day 10: Trek to Annapurna base camp / Annapurna sanctuary
- The most highlighted final destination of the trek, slow and steady ascend is the key factor to overcome in altitude.
- Main highlight of the trek – Annapurna Base Camp (4143m) surrounded by beautiful mountains. Staying the night at the bottom of Annapurna South and Hiunchuli facing all beautiful mountains –including Annapurana I, Fang, Singa Chuli, Dome peak, 10th peak, Raksi peak, Machhapuchhare, Gandarva chuli, Gangapurna etc.
Day 11-13: Descend to Nayapul/ short drive to Pokhara / explore the lake city.
- Retrace trail back to Bamboo, morning opportunity to snap sunrise photos on surrounding snowy mountains.
- Jhinodanda, excitement of dipping into Natural hot spring which is 20 minutes away from the lodge.
- It is quite a change to be dropped down low and into warmer climate.
- End up the trek at same outlet and take drive back to Pokhara and check into hotel spare time free to explore your own.
Day 14: Drive to Kathmandu / PM free.
- Drive for 6 – 7 hrs enjoying the scenic view of divers landscape and the villages of different ethnic people of Nepal.
Day 15: Annapurna sanctuary trekking ends / Airport departure.
- We customise the Airport transfer by a private vehicle as per your flight departure details.