Annapurna sanctuary trekking
The scenic Annapurna sanctuary trek leads into the hidden alpine amphitheater of the Annapurna base camp.
Annapurna sanctuary is one of the finest 2 weeks tea house trek in Annapurna region. This trek leads to the fabulous high mountains amphitheater also known as Annapurna base camp. The trekking route passes through many varied climatic condition from sub tropical to alpine. Thus inevitably the vegetation changes accordingly giving trekkers a wonderful variety of flora and fauna. You will meet many different ethnic groups – it is rather like trekking through a live, open museum. You will experience some of the diverse but equally friendly people and cultures of Nepal.
We start the trek with gradually ascend through the beautiful varied landscape of cultivated terraced field and lust forest of oaks, magnolia and rhododendron trees. The early morning hike to Poon hill (3230 meter) will give you the best possible panoramic sunrise view on whole fabulous Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges. This hike also allow time of proper acclimatization on the way to Annapurna Sanctuary. The combination of tiny thatch-roofed villages set among the narrow terraced fields with the backdrop of stunning snow-capped mountain ranges makes it is one of the most picturesque treks in the Himalayas.
We continue the Annapurna sanctuary trek following the beautiful green Modi Khola valleys. The valley surrounded by spectacular towering peaks and sheer high rock walls with gushing sparkling waterfalls tumbling down into the roaring river below. We ascend to fascinating Machhapuchhare Base Camp beyond that the valley widens as it reach the lateral moraine of Annapurna south glacier. The mountain views are simply breathtaking from here. Hiumchuli, Annapurna south, Annapurna I, Annapurna III, Gangapurna, Macchapuchhare (Fishtail) complete a fabulous panorama. A further gradual 3 hours steady climbing and you will reach Annapurna Base Camp. A vast spectacular natural alpine amphitheater of spell bound surrounding of the Annapurna sanctuary. A truly wonderland of glistering peaks, snowfields and glaciers – an unforgettable Himalayan paradise.
Finest 2 weeks tea house trekking in Annapurna region
Trekking to the Annapurna sanctuary with Poon hill exploration hike
Exploration of the cultural sights and sound in Kathmandu and Pokhara
Full board meals with boiled drinking water while on trek
All trek permit and medical trained trek guide and trek crew support.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu / welcome dinner.
- Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to your hotel and check the Mountain Monarch clip board on your arrival in Kathmandu airport.
- Arrival information
- Welcome dinner with cultural program. Make sure to have camera with you.
Day 02: Visit to Buddhist and Hindu shrines.
- 3 – 4 hrs half -day sightseeing tour of world heritage site Pashupatinath and Boudhanath in morning.
- Trek briefing and gear distribution in the afternoon.
Day 03-04: Drive to Pokhara / stay at hotel to start the Annapurna sanctuary trek.
- 6 / 7 hrs drive to Pokhara and time to explore pokhara in the evening. Early morning drive via Prithiviraj Marg Highway to Pokhara and then divert route to Pokhara by following the Marsyangdi River valley, we pass through the small towns, villages and terraced paddy fields. After arrival in Pokhara your spare time can be used to explore peaceful surroundings of Pokhara or boating on the Fewa Lake.
Day 05-06: Trek to Ghorepani, exploration hike to POON HILL - a great Himalayan vista
- Short drive to the Nayapul trek starting point.
- At Birethanti will entry conservation permit and continue following the Bhurungdi River, steep climb to first teahouse stay at Ulleri village.
- Ghorepani (2840m) small town with excellent views of snowy peaks very close.
- Excursion to Poon Hill (3220m)Second highlighted mountain views 180′ panoramic views.
Day 07-09: Trekking to Macchapuchhare Base camp: enjoy the stunning Panomara.
- The trail drops down to the Gurdung Khola (river).
- Highlight of the day is Towering peak Annapurna South right above head ((7219m) and mighty Fishtail (6993m) facing it across the valley.
- Machhapuchare Base Camp (3703m) geological variations fresh greenery to arid nature.
Day 10: Trek to Annapurna base camp / Annapurna sanctuary
- The most highlighted final destination of the trek, slow and steady ascend is the key factor to overcome in altitude.
- Main highlight of the trek – Annapurna Base Camp (4143m) surrounded by beautiful mountains. Staying the night at the bottom of Annapurna South and Hiunchuli facing all beautiful mountains –including Annapurana I, Fang, Singa Chuli, Dome peak, 10th peak, Raksi peak, Machhapuchhare, Gandarva chuli, Gangapurna etc.
Day 11-13: Descend to Nayapul/ short drive to Pokhara / explore the lake city.
- Retrace trail back to Bamboo, morning opportunity to snap sunrise photos on surrounding snowy mountains.
- Jhinodanda, excitement of dipping into Natural hot spring which is 20 minutes away from the lodge.
- It is quite a change to be dropped down low and into warmer climate.
- End up the trek at same outlet and take drive back to Pokhara and check into hotel spare time free to explore your own.
Day 14: Drive to Kathmandu / PM free.
- Drive for 6 – 7 hrs enjoying the scenic view of divers landscape and the villages of different ethnic people of Nepal.
Day 15: Annapurna sanctuary trekking ends / Airport departure.
- We customise the Airport transfer by a private vehicle as per your flight departure details.
- Arrival and Departure transfers on both domestic and international flights.
- Standard Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu / Pokhara on a twin share bed- and- breakfast basis as per the itinerary.
- Open and Choice Full board meals while on Annapurna Sanctuary trekking.
- Accommodation in comfortable lodge or Tea house.
- Welcome dinner with ethno cultural program as listed in the itinerary.
- Half day guided city tour with heritage entrance fees as listed in itinerary.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek as applicable.
- Free use of quality trekking gear - sleeping bag, fleece liner, down jacket, duffle bag etc on trip.
- Professional local trekking group leader well trained in Wilderness First Aid along with comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Trekking guides and other support staff for the Annapurna sanctuary trek.
- Porters to carry all personal gear and group equipment.
- Annapurna Sanctuary trek map.
- Insurance of all staff including porters.
- Warm clothing and other required trekking gear for porters.
- Mountain Monarch T-shirts.
- Comprehensive pre - departure information and trip dossiers
- Trekking permit, Annapurna conservation entry fees required for Annapurna sanctuary trekking
- Nepal entry Visa fees
- International Airfare
- Your Travel Insurance
- Drinks and main meals in cities.
- Tips and Items of a personal nature like postage and laundry
US$ 1,250.00 per person