Around Manaslu Trek – the last Himalayan jewel
Manaslu trek exhibits the sensational mountain vistas, fascinating culture and biological diversity. It spans across 600 to 5200 meter elevation – one of the Nepal’s last Himalayan jewels. It exhibits the unspoiled diverse culture and tradition with the wonderful views of Mt. Manaslu. Undoubtedly this around Manaslu trekking suits best to those who are looking for the less trodden challenging adventure in Nepal. This is one of the restricted region trekking, done in 2 weeks staying in the local teahouse. Not to miss this trekking route is a part of Great Himalayan trail. Also know as the best alternative of classic Annapurna circuit.
Teahouse trekking to the Tibetan Buddhist region
We start our Manaslu trek from Lapubesi after the drive from Kathmandu via the Aarughat. Trekking along the Budhi Gandaki river, the trail meanders, scrambles and climbs its way along the confines of the valley. Much of the around Manaslu trekking is in the region known as Nupri, an area of strong Tibetan influence with the trade route between the regions. As we trek higher the Hindu culture is being replaces by Buddhist features of Mani walls, Khanyi gates and Chortens as does the topography changes. This Manaslu trekking region is a natural habitat for many elusive wild animals. Such as the snow leopard, grey wolf, musk deer, Himalayan Thar and blue sheep – Keep your eyes open!!
Manaslu trek with Larke Pass
Larke la pass is the highest vantage point in the Manaslu trek. Classic and tough ancient salt trading route that links the Buri Gandanti with Marsyandri valley literally Manaslu to Annapuran region. The view from the Larkya pass is simply Superb. Himlung, Cheo himal, Larke peak, Annapurna II and Mt. Manaslu can be captured from the pass. After the Larke pass we descent through the beautiful alpine valleys at Bhinthang and Jagat. Further more the route joins the classic Annapurna circuit trekking before driving back to Kathmandu. You simply need 16 days for this around Manaslu trek from arrival to departure from Kathmandu.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu / welcome diner / stay at hotel
- Day 02: Cultural Sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
- Day 03 -04: Drive to Lapu Besi (885m) via Aarughat and trek to Dobhan (1070m) next day
- Day 05 - 07: Trek to Namrung (2630m) via Philim and Deng
- Day 08 - 09: Trek to Shyala (3500m) and Sama (3520M)
- Day 10-11: Trek to Samdo ( 3875 m) and then Phedi (4460m)
- Day 12: Cross the Larkye La 5160 meter and trek to Bhimthang 3700 m
- Day 13 - 14: Trek to Gho (2520m) and then to Besisahar via Tilje and Dharapani
- Day 15: Drive to Kathmandu / stay at hotel
- Day 16: Manaslu trekking ends / airport transfer
One of the less trodden New tea house trekking routes in Nepal.
Best alternative of the Annapurna circuit.
Safety on top priority thus we carry portable altitude camber or oxygen.
Medical trained and experienced trekking guide with comprehensive first aid kit
Responsible trek with 01 trekker : o1 porter.