Manaslu trek in Nepal exhibits the unspoiled diverse culture and tradition with the wonderful views of Mt. Manaslu.
Manaslu trek – the last Himalayan jewels:
Manaslu trekking exhibits the sensational mountain vistas, fascinating culture and biological diversity, spanning altitudes from 600 to 5200 meter – one of the Nepal’s last Himalayan jewels. This Around Manaslu trekking suits best to those who are looking for the challenging but less trodden trekking in Nepal, is also a part of the Great Himalayan trail. The Manaslu trek, one of the restricted region trekking in Manaslu region can be done in 2 weeks which used to be a fully camping trip. This trekking route is also becoming the best alternative of classic Annapurna circuit due to the road construction of the some sections of Annapurna region.
We start our Manaslu trek from Lapubesi after the drive from Kathmandu via the Aarughat. Trekking along the Budhi Gandaki river, the trail meanders, scrambles and climbs its way along the confines of the valley. Much of the around Manaslu trekking is in the region known as Nupri, an area of strong Tibetan influence with the trade route between the regions. As we trek higher the Hindu culture is being replaces by Buddhist features of Mani walls, Khanyi gates and Chortens as does the topography changes. This Manaslu trekking region is a natural habitat for many elusive wild animals including the snow leopard, grey wolf, musk deer, Himalayan Thar and blue sheep, Keep your eyes open!! Trekking routes at lower Manaslu section is already rebuild which is being effected by the April 2015 earthquake and we have been running trips as per the regular Manaslu trek itinerary since spring 2016 – once again totally safe for trekking.
Around Manaslu trekking with Larke pass
Larke la pass is the highest vantage point in the Manaslu trek. This is a classic and tough ancient salt trading route that links the Buri Gandanti with Marsyandri valley literally Manaslu to Annapuran region. The view from the Larkya pass is simply Superb with Chuli, Himlung, Cheo himal, Larke peak, Annapurna II and Mt. Manaslu. Further we descent through the beautiful alpine valleys at Bhinthang and Jagat to join the classic Annapurna route map before driving back to Kathmandu to end the exhilarating journey of Manaslu circuit trek in the vastness of the Himalayas. You simply need 16 days for this around Manaslu trek from arrival to departure from Kathmandu.
One of the less trodden New tea house trekking routes in Nepal.
Best alternative of the Annapurna circuit.
Safety on top priority thus we carry portable altitude camber or oxygen.
Medical trained and experienced trekking guide with comprehensive first aid kit
Responsible trek with 01 trekker : o1 porter.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu / welcome diner / stay at hotel
We customise the airport transportation to all of our Manaslu trekking group members as per their flight.
Make sure to look for the Mountain Monarch clip board on your arrival in Kathmandu.
Initial arrival information given and evening will be highlighted with group Nepal welcome dinner with cultural program. Make sure to have camera with you on dinner time.
Day 02: Cultural Sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
Half day world heritage cultural tour in morning after the breakfast.
Afternoon trek briefing and trek gear distribution.
Mountain Monarch prepared the special trekking permit for your Manaslu trek today.
Day 03 -04: Drive to Lapu Besi (885m) via Aarughat and trek to Dobhan (1070m) next day
Today we take around 8 hrs drive to Lapubesi via the Aarughat to start our trip to Around Manaslu. The next day we trek along the river bank of Budhi Gandaki to Dobhan and stay a night at the elevation of 1070 meter at local teahouse.
Day 05 - 07: Trek to Namrung (2630m) via Philim and Deng
We enter the Manaslu restricted region and cross several Mane walls indicate we are now entering a region of Tibetan influence.
Cross and recross the suspension bridge over Burigandaki River.
We stay a night at Philim ( 1570m), Deng (1860m) next day and then to Namrung (2630m)
The trail enters a steep slopes uninhabited gorge and cross Iron bridge over Buri Gandaki river where the river is at its narrowest. We stay at local and recently built teahouse at Philip, Den and Namrung vilalge.
Day 08 - 09: Trek to Shyala (3500m) and Sama (3520M)
We enter the Nupri Region, inhabited by descendants of Tibetan immigrants.
Pass through several villages of Lihi, Sho and Lho to spend the night at Shyala (3500m) one of the best vantage place to witness the majestic Manaslu peak.
Spectacular views of Manaslu, Manaslu North, and Naike Peak, Himal Chuli, Ngadi Chuli (Peak 29) are highlight of the day.
Descends onto a rock-strewn moraine and scale across the boulders to emerge onto a ridge overlooking the extensive pastures and fields of Samagaon (3,520m).
We take the exploration hike to the Pung Gyen Gompa viewpoint from Shyala as a best acclimatisation hike before we head to Sama Goan.
Day 10-11: Trek to Samdo ( 3875 m) and then Phedi (4460m)
Trail is at first gentle then gets rougher as it reaches a yak trains.
Village Samdo (3,872m) is nestled behind a ridge. (3-4 hours.) We also explore the Birendra lake coming from the massif Manaslu on the way to Samdo, the last settlment close to the Tibetan boarder.
Next we have short descend on a wide trail to the river and then begin the climb toward the Larkye La. Spectacular view of Samdo peak, Larke peak and Manslu North west simply the best highlight of the day. Keeps eyes open on blue sheep on the Himalayan slope. We stay at nomadic type of very basic shelter / tented camp at 4460 meter with basic facility in our preparation to climb the Larke pass next morning.
Day 12: Cross the Larkye La 5160 meter and trek to Bhimthang 3700 m
Today we cross the Larkya La (5,160m) is the highest point of the around Manaslu trek.
Views are tremendous: Himlung Himal (7,125m/23,373′), Cheo Himal (6,820m/22,370′), Kang Guru (6,980m/22,898′), and Annapurna II (7,940m/26,041′).
Drops steeply and traverses scree slopes to another grassy moraine down to a large meadow and camp at Bhimtang (3,700m), situated in a huge valley surrounded by high peaks. About 9 hours walk.
Day 13 - 14: Trek to Gho (2520m) and then to Besisahar via Tilje and Dharapani
We descend down to diverge of Dudh Khola to stay a relative wider valley settlement of Gho (2520 m) where we spend our last night at teahouse on trek. Next morning the continue to trek to Tilje where we catch up the jeep to take the drive to Besisahar exploring the famous Annapurna circuit region. We spend a night at hotel in Besisahar before returning back to Kathmandu.
Day 15: Drive to Kathmandu / stay at hotel
Around 6 hours drive to Kathmandu and stay a night at hotel.
Browsing internet and shopping in the Thamel area or exploration of sights and sounds in your rest day in Kathmandu.
Day 16: Manaslu trekking ends / airport transfer
Today is the last day on your trip to Around Manaslu.
We make sure to have airport transfer as per your flight details.
- Private Arrival & Departure transfers on both domestic and international flights.
- Standard Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on a twin share bed- and- breakfast.
- Responsible trekking of 01 trekker : 01 porter.
- Freshly cooked Full board meals prepared by our cook on Manaslu trekking.
- Properly boiled drinking water, tea and coffee while on Manasalu trek.
- Accommodation in Tented camp and teahouse while on around manaslu trekking.
- Welcome dinner as listed in the itinerary with Around Manaslu trekking group.
- Half day guided city tour with world heritage entrance fees as listed in itinerary
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek as applicable.
- All camping equipment like 2 men member tent, dinning, kitchen, staff and toilet tent with commode, dining table with backrest chair etc.
- Mountain Monarch Trip Gears - sleeping bag, fleece liner, down jacket and rain poncho etc for the use on trek.
- Professional and experienced Trek Leader / Guide trained in Wilderness First Aid.
- Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) / Gamow Bag (A life saving device in case of Acute Mountain Sickness) along with the comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Manaslu trekking map.
- Manaslu trek permit.
- Trekking cook, kitchen staff, Trek Sherpa and other support staff.
- Porters to carry all personal gear and group equipment while on Manaslu trekking.
- Proper Insurance of all staff including porters.
- Warm clothing and trekking gear for staff including porters: Gortex jacket and trousers, fleece jacket and pant, trekking shoes / boots, woolen hat, gloves, shocks, sunglasses etc.
- Complementaty Mountain Monarch T-shirts .
- Comprehensive pre -departure information and trip dossiers
- TIMS / Trekking permit, National park / Conservation entry fees and all taxes.
- Nepal entry Visa fees, Your travel insurance of any kind while on Manaslu trekking.
- International airfare
- All Drinks and main meals in cities .
- Tips and Items of personal expenses like hot shower, battery charge, telephome, beverage drinks etc.
US$ 1,750.00 per person