Everest Base Camp Trek
Everest Base Camp Trek – the great challenge and achievement. Ultimate adventure thrill of being so close to the world’s highest peak.
Everest base camp trek is the most popular and once in a lifetime adventure destination in the Himalayas. No doubt an ultimate goal for trekkers around the globe. The scenery is simply breathtaking with parades of glistening peaks, stunning glaciers around, ancient and ornate monasteries. Obviously the fascinating Sherpa people, their culture and tradition add more charm on this historical trek to base camp.
Less trodden route to Everest base camp and Kalapathar
We take an exciting flight to Lukla to start the guided adventure hike to the Everest base camp trek in Nepal. Following the hiking route along the Dudh Koshi river, we climb up to the busting Sherpa settlement of Namche Bazaar. We spend two nights at Namche with exploration hike around to ensure the proper acclimation. Besides that we fellow the less trodden route to Dingboche exploring the hidden valley of Khumjung, Mongla and Phortse. No doubt our expertly crafted Everest base camp hiking route explore the unspoiled corners of the Khumbu region. Obviously most of the classic EBC Kalapathar trekkers simply miss it.
The alpine scenery become more rugged as we hike above the tree line along the Khumbu glacier moraines to Gorak Shep via Lobuche. The climb to the Mount Everest base camp over the boulder-strewn moraines can be challenging. Nonetheless it is very much rewarding for the sense of great achievement. Further more we hike up to the Kalapathar at 5545 meters, the highest point on our entire trek. From where we capture the great views of the mt. Everest with stunning Himalayan vista – never to be forgotten. On our return, we walk down to Lukla via the Pheriche and Thyangboche monastery a different trail than we climb up. The great thing of our Everest base camp trek itinerary is that we continue our exploration and enjoy the diverse angle views even on our way back to Lukla.
EBC Kalapthar trekking with Proper Safety Back up
We ensure that you are accompanied by our experienced and medical trained competent trek guide along with enough crew. Most importantly we trek with proper safety back up like Oxygen cylinder or Portable Altitude Chamber. Certainly safety on top of any agenda while organising the Everest base camp trek in the Himalayas. In fact we follow the responsible trekking guideline to have 1 trekker : 1 porter to ensure your personal porter carrying less weight. Obviously we feel proud with our valued trekkers to share the benefit of tourism with many more local people. In practice all other tour operators around the world have a porter between 2 or 3 trekkers with heavy weight. Base on our years’ long experience and propers safety back up, we are confident to make your trip to the Everest base camp trek the safe one and a trip of lifetime.
- Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu / Nepali dinner with ethnic cultural program.
- Day 02: Cultural tours to Buddhist Shrine and Hindu Cremation site / Trek preparation.
- Day 03: Flight to Lukla (2800m / 9186ft) Trek to Phakding (2600m/8530ft) Walk approx. 3/4hrs
- Day 04 - 05: Namche Bazaar (3450 m / 11318ft) walk approx 7 hrs. Acclimatisation rest day
- Day 06: Khumjung (3780 m / 12401ft) walks 3 hrs.
- Day 07: Trek to Phortse Village (3810 m / 12500ft) walk approx 6 hrs.
- Day 08-09: Dingboche (4360 m / 14304ft) walk approx 6 - 7 hrs / exploration rest day
- Day 10: Lobuche (4910 m / 16108ft) walk approx 4-5 hrs.
- Day 11: Gorak Shep (5288 m /17349ft) walk approx 3 hrs / excursion to Everest base camp (5360m/17585) walk approx 5 hrs
- Day 12: Morning climb to Kalapathar (5545 m /18192ft) approx walk 4 hrs. And trek back to Pheriche (4240m/13901ft), walk approx 4 - 5 hrs
- Day 13: Trek down to Namche walk approx 6 -7 hrs. Differnt route
- Day 14 - 15: Retracing back to Lukla (2600m) via Phakding
- Day 16 - 17: Lukla to Kathmandu and contingency day / Explore Ktm.
- Day 18: Everest base camp trip ends / airport transper
Trekking to Everest base camp and Kalapathar peak.
Arrival to Departure - hassle free trip - all permits and Lukla flight organize.
Responsible trekking of 01 trekker: 01 porter
All meals and accommodation on trek and hotel in Kathmandu.
Medical trained trekking guide and crew support with comprehensive first aid kit
Portable altitude Chamber and Oxygen as safety back up
Trekking gear like sleeping bag, down jacket, trek duffle bag provided
Explore with local experts to witness first hand experience of the sherpa culture.