Everest Base Camp Trek
The great challenge and achievement with the thrill of being so close to the world’s highest peak.
Everest base camp trekking is the most popular and once in a lifetime adventure destination in the Himalayas. No doubt an ultimate goal for trekkers around the globe. The scenery is simply breathtaking with parades of glistening peaks, stunning glaciers around, ancient and ornate monasteries. Obviously the fascinating Sherpa people, their culture and tradition add more charm on this historical trek to base camp.
Less trodden route to Everest base camp and Kalapathar
We take an exciting flight to Lukla to start the guided adventure hike to the Everest base camp in Nepal. Hiking along the Dudh Koshi river, we climb up to the busting Sherpa settlement of Namche Bazaar. We spend two nights at Namche with exploration hike around and most importantly to ensure the proper acclimation. Besides that we fellow the less trodden route to Dingboche exploring the the hidden valley of Khumjung, Mongla and Phortse. No doubt our expertly crafted Everest base camp and Kalapathar hiking route explore the unspoiled corners in the Khumbu region. Most of the classic EBC trekkers simply miss it.
The alpine scenery become more rugged as we hike above the tree line along the Khumbu glacier moraines to Gorak Shep via Lobuche. The climb to the Mount Everest base camp over the boulder-strewn moraines can be challenging but very rewarding for the sense of great achievement. We hike up to the Kalapathar at 5545 meters, the highest point on our entire. From where we capture the great views of the mt. Everest with stunning Himalayan vista – never to be forgotten. On our return we walk down to Lukla via the Pheriche and Thyangboche monastery a different trail than we ascend up. The great thing of our EBC trek itinerary is that we continue our exploration and enjoy the diverse angle views on our way back.
Responsible Trekking with Proper Safety Back up:
We ensure that you are accompanied by our experienced and medical trained competent guide along with enough trek crew. Most importantly we trek with proper safety back up like Oxygen cylinder or Portable Altitude Chamber. Safety on top of our agenda while organising the treks to climb in the Himalayas. We follow the responsible trekking guideline to have 1 trekker : 1 porter to ensure your personal porter carrying less weight. With our valued trekkers we feel proud to share the benefit of tourism with many more local people than any other tour companies. Base on our years long experience and propers safety back up, we are confident to make your trip to the Everest base camp with Kalapathar hiking – the safe and a trip of lifetime.
Trekking to Everest base camp and Kalapathar peak.
Arrival to Departure - hassle free trip - all permits and Lukla flight organize.
Responsible trekking of 01 trekker: 01 porter
All meals and accommodation on trek and hotel in Kathmandu.
Medical trained trekking guide and crew support with comprehensive first aid kit
Portable altitude Chamber and Oxygen as safety back up
Trekking gear like sleeping bag, down jacket, trek duffle bag provided
Explore with local experts to witness first hand experience of the sherpa culture.
Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu / Nepali dinner with ethnic cultural program.
Your trek group leader will in Kathmandu airport to welcome and transfer you to the hotel. Simply relax and take pleasure in the fun of driving through the unfamiliar roads.
• Short preliminary briefing after transferring you to the hotel.
• Arriving early gives you an opportunity to explore Kathmandu.
• Welcome dinner and getting to know each other.
Day 02: Cultural tours to Buddhist Shrine and Hindu Cremation site / Trek preparation.
Today would be the most exhilarating day where your leader introduces you to our city tour expert who guides you to the most pious Hindu and Buddhist religious place that are listed in the world heritage sites and elucidates you the entire mysticism over its existence.
• Breakfast and meet-up for the thrilling tour.
• Visit to Boudhanath Stupa and Pashupatinath.
• Lunch on your preference.
• Getting together for trek briefing as per the time given by your leader.
• Distribution of company’s trek equipment.
Day 03: Flight to Lukla (2800m / 9186ft) Trek to Phakding (2600m/8530ft) Walk approx. 3/4hrs
This 3/4 hours easy walk on the legendary trekking trail through the cultured Sherpa villages with its exceptional beauty and the view of stunning Dudh Koshi gorge, landscape and deep valley is unique.
• Flying in a twin-otter plane to a small Lukla airport at the elevation of 2840m.
• Beautiful walk through the series of stunning settlement.
• The scenic beauty, deep gorge and farming terraces at the backdrop is phenomenal.
• Overnight stay at stunning Phakding, fabulous dinner and briefing by your leader along with number of alluring narratives.
Day 04 - 05: Namche Bazaar (3450 m / 11318ft) walk approx 7 hrs. Acclimatisation rest day
One great adventure of a lifetime. Despite long hours walk it’s far more than just trekking. Give time to adapt your body with thin air. It’s not a matter about proving your physical strength, its more about taking pleasure with steady ascend.
• Wake up call as set by your leader.
• 3 hours gentle walk through series of pleasant villages to Jorsale for lunch.
• Crossing of 5 high suspension bridges is daring.
• The scenic beauty, deep gorge and soaring cliffs at the backdrop is phenomenal.
• Great view of Kusum Kangroo, Thamserku and Holy Khumbiyela mountain.
• 1 and ½ hours amazing walk for acclimatization.
• The close view of the magnificent mountain, extensive green hills, the Tibetan-Buddhst culture and to witness the territory of the yaks is charismatic.
• The first view of the world’s highest mountain (Mt. Everest).
Day 06: Khumjung (3780 m / 12401ft) walks 3 hrs.
Short and relaxing walk to the “Valley inside the Clouds”, Khumjung, situated at the base of the holy mountain Khumbiyela is exceptionally sensational.
• 2 and ½ hours easy walk.
• Visit to yak farm, school built by Edmund Hillary and Khumjung Monastery to witness the scalp of the yeti is another legendary quest.
• Free afternoon to give yourself a break for some activities
Day 07: Trek to Phortse Village (3810 m / 12500ft) walk approx 6 hrs.
We skip the overcrowded traditional trial and explore the lower section of Gokyo valley with the most amazing setting.
• Fabulous walk to the ridge of Mong-La with stunning mountain views.
• Deep drop to the Gokyo gorge for lunch with chances to see musk deer.
• Unlike many other settlements, the terraced village of Phortse is special of its kind.
Day 08-09: Dingboche (4360 m / 14304ft) walk approx 6 - 7 hrs / exploration rest day
Leaving Phortse we take the high trail, considered to be one of the most beautiful trails with outstanding view of enormous mountain and deep valley. Dingbuche, situated at the foot of soaring Amadablam Mountain is another attraction.
• Beautiful walk with the most beautiful view.
• Chances to witness the musk deer, mountain goats and different birds
• Effortless walk to Pangbuche and fabulous lunch at Somare village.
• View of countless other neighboring mountains which are hidden from Namche view.
• Morning excursion for acclimatization after breakfast.
• 360 degree Mountain View including Island peak and Makalu (world’s 5th highest mountain).
• From the point of excursion, bird’s eye view of Imja valley and Dingbuche village.
Day 10: Lobuche (4910 m / 16108ft) walk approx 4-5 hrs.
Away from the tree line area, gradual ascent is recommended. Today is another beautiful walk where mountains like Cholatse, Lobuche and Pumari unfolds before us in this contrasting and spectacular landscape.
• Gradual up walk in the wide Himalayan meadow is peaceful.
• Walking up to the memorial plateau with hundreds of memorial built after the people who met with tragedy in different mountains of Everest is remarkable.
• Getting to Lobuche a small settlement at the foot of Lobuche peak is significant.
Day 11: Gorak Shep (5288 m /17349ft) walk approx 3 hrs / excursion to Everest base camp (5360m/17585) walk approx 5 hrs
Leaving Lobuche this 3 hours walk to Gorak Shep is out of the ordinary through the rocky moraine undulating trail. Gorak Shep, the spectacular village is surround by Pumari (7145m), Lingtren (6697m), Nuptse (7745m) and of course Everest (8848m).
• Spectacular view of the Khumbu Ice Fall besides soaring mountains.
• Excursion to Everest Base Camp after lunch.
• View of the base camp and the blue ice pinnacles of the icefall are astonishing.
• Challenging but very rewarding walk to and fro from base camp.
Day 12: Morning climb to Kalapathar (5545 m /18192ft) approx walk 4 hrs. And trek back to Pheriche (4240m/13901ft), walk approx 4 - 5 hrs
Now is the time for epic climb to Kalapathar, the point to value your dream and the sensational Himalayan vistas all around. The climb is not easy but the view from the top surpasses the wildest imagination. After making historic success to Everest Base Camp and Kalapattar, we will descend down to the Himalayan settlement of Pheriche.
• Phenomenal sunrise view.
• A very rewarding moment being at 5545m with exceptional panoramic view.
Day 13: Trek down to Namche walk approx 6 -7 hrs. Differnt route
Getting back to the tree line area we retrace our steps back to Pangboche with still much to see at Tyangbuche Monastery. Being it a pious Buddhist settlement, the wild life is unharmed so there is possibility to encounter some wild animals such as musk deer, mountain goat, Pheasants etc.
• Effortless walk to Tyengbuche monastery, the most active monastery in Everest region.
• Visit to the Monastery and lighting the butter lamp is an incredible experience.
• Witness the untold history and the activities of Tyengbuche.
• Give yourself a break at Namche either with a drink or buying souvenirs
Day 14 - 15: Retracing back to Lukla (2600m) via Phakding
We retrace down the way through the rhododendron forest to the valley floor to follow the Dudh Koshi downhill and then out of the national park to the village of Phakding.
Now it’s time to recall our moment, the day we started with all the hopes and excitements. Through the valley of Dudh koshi we get to Lukla finishing this exhilarating journey.
• Being it a last night fun activities follows with dancing, eating, drinking and tipping.
Day 16 - 17: Lukla to Kathmandu and contingency day / Explore Ktm.
This morning, we have a flight from Lukla to Kathmandu; it is a thrilling flight over forests, fields and villages with the Himalayas at the background. On arrival, we transfer you to the hotel.
This is a contingency day in case of bad weather for the Lukla Kathmandu flight. There are lots of interesting thing to see in Kathmandu valley: for more information you may talk to your group leader and Mountain Monarch is ready to assist you with exploration as required.
Day 18: Everest base camp trip ends / airport transper
It is time to fly back to home keeping all the exhilarating experiences of Nepal in mind. Your leader will be there to assist you to transport you to the airport.
- Arrival and Departure transfers on both domestic and international flights.
- Standard Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on a twin share bed- and- breakfast basis as per Everest base camp trek itinerary.
- OPEN and CHOICE Full board meals while Everest base camp kalapathr trekking.
- Responsible trekking policy of One trekker : 0ne porter
- Accommodation at clean and comfortable tea house or lodge.
- Welcome dinner with cultural program as listed in the itinerary.
- Half day guided city tour with world heritage entrance permit as listed in itinerary.
- All Domestic flights and airport tax as listed in the itinerary.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek as applicable.
- Free use of quality trekking gear - sleeping bag, fleece liner, down jacket, rain poncho etc while on Everest base camp trek
- Professional local trekking group leader well trained in Wilderness First Aid.
- Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) / Gamow Bag (A life saving device in case of Acute Mountain Sickness) along with the comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Assistant trekking guides and other support staff for Everest base camp trek.
- Mount Everest base camp trekking map.
- Personal Sherpa Porters to carry all trek personal gear while on base camp trekking.
- Insurance of all staff including porters in base camp Kalapathar hike.
- Warm clothing and required trekking gear for porters like Gortex jacket /trousers, trekking shoes, woolen hat, woolen gloves, woolen shocks, sun glasses etc.
- Complementary Mountain Monarch's Everest base camp trek T-shirts.
- Comprehensive per-departure information and trip dossiers
- TIMS Trekking permit, Everest national park entry fees for Everest base camp trekking.
- Nepal entry Visa fees
- International Airfare
- Your Travel Insurance
- Drinks and main meals in cities.
- Tips and Items of a personal nature like postage and laundry while on Everest base camp trip.
US$ 1,790.00 per person