Everest Kangshung Face Trek
Everest kangshung face trek – Kharta valley trekking in Tiber
Finest Tibet trekking cross the Kharta Valley to the less trekked Kangshung Face of Everest.
The Everest Kangshung Face trek is one of the finest camping trip in Tibet as it leads across remote tiny pristine valleys along the way which are dotted with beautiful lakes, alpine gazing pastures and flowered meadows, with excellent camping area and stunning views of Makalu, Lhotse, Kangchenjunga and Everest Kangshung face. The Kharta valley trekking from Kharta into the beautiful Karma Valley to the Everest Kangshung Face is one of the most unusual and interesting approaches to Mount Everest following a more remote and different route.
In our trip to Kangshung Kharta valley trek, we fly from the bustling city of Kathmandu to Tibet, a sacred land of myths and mysteries. We spend some day’s acclimitising and exploring the sights and sounds of Buddhist Kingdom locked away in its mountains vastness.
Continuing our trip to Everest Kangshung we drive via Gyantse and Shigatse to the start of our Tibet trek at Kharta valley, a small village on the Arun River close up against the great barrier of the Himalayas. We cross the Shao La (4700m) into the forested Karma Valley and trek to the base camp at Pethang Ringmo. From a high ridge point above the Pethang camp we have stunning views of the Kangshung Face of Everest.
Kharta valley trekking in Tibet
We trek via different return route to Kharta valley crossing the Langma La (5330m), with the stunning Himalayan profile of Makalu, Kanchenjunga and Everest. The valleys and ridges below the snowline are richly covered with grass and thick vegetation. On completing the Everest Kangshung trek we drive to Rongbuk valley for views of the north face of Everest. We descend from Tibetan high plateau into the lush sub-tropical valleys of Nepal to end our incredible Tibet trekking to Kharta valley and Kangshung Face of Everest.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu / hotel accommodation
- Day 02: In Kathmandu / Cultural tour / Trip Preparation
- Day 03: Flight to Lhasa, transfer to hotel in Lhasa
- Day 04: In Lhasa: Drepung monastery and Norbulinkha, Jokhang temple
- Day 05: In Lhasa, Sightseeing: Potala palace and Sera monastery
- Day 06: Lhasa to Gyantse, via Yamdork Lake
- Day 07: To Shigatse, visit Pelkor Chode and Tashilungpo
- Day 08: Shigatse to Shegar
- Day 09: Drive to Kharta valley (Camping)
- Day 10: Trek to Dhampu
- Day 11: Trek to Shao La
- Day 12: Trek to Joksam
- Day 13: Trek to Alpine Camp
- Day 14: Trek to Pathang
- Day 15: Trek to Hoppo
- Day 16: Kangshung Base camp and return to Pothang
- Day 16: Trek to Langma
- Day 17: Trek to Langma
- Day 18: Cross Langma la
- Day 19: Trek to Yuba
- Day 20: Drive to Rongphu Monastery
- Day 21: Drive to Zhangmu (hotel)
- Day 22: Drive to Kathmandu
- Day 23: In Kathmandu / Free day
- Day 24: Trip ends / airport transportation.