Everest Panorama Trek
Tengboche trek – a short teahouse trekking in Everest region
This Everest Panorama trek is one of the short tea houses trekking holiday in the Everest region. It is also known as Tengboche trek, an introductory Everest hiking trip in Nepal. This 2 weeks trip into the Himalayan hiking leads you all the way half to the Everest base camp. Great views of stunning Himalayan peaks including the mount Everest from a low elevation.
Introductory hiking trip to Everest
We fly to Lukla with spectacular views of the mountains to start our Everest Panorama trek in the Everest region. We hike to the Sherpa settlement of Namche Bazaar exploring Phakding and Manjo following the Dudh Koshi valley. We stay 2 nights at Namche for the proper acclimatisation. Besides that we do the day exploration hike to toward Thamu or National park museum. Hiking further up we head to Khumjung, city in could, we explore the Everest view hotel, Kunde hospital and Khumjung School. Khumjung monastery boasts to have the Yeti scalp and we have time to check it.
We hike to Tengboche monastery, the most famous in Everest region via the different route of Monla, Phortse to witness the mt. Cho Oyu. Further more we hike to the Pangboche village to explore the oldest monastery in the whole Everest region. Tengboche is rewarded with the views of Everest soaring behind Nuptse, Lhotse on north east and Ama Dablam, Kangtega, Tawache on south east – a spectacual views of parades of peaks in the Himalayas. Thus this Everest Panorama trek suits best to those who don’t have time and energy to go all the way to base camp but wish to see the tallest peak of mt. Everest with parade of satellite peaks all around and to explore the wonderful Sherpa culture and tradition at first hand.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu / dinner with cultural program.
- Day 02: Fly to Lukla and start Everest panorama trek.
- Day 03 - 04: Namche Bazaar (3450 m / 11318ft) walk approx 7/8 hrs.
- Day 05: Khumjung (3780 m/12401ft) walks 3 hrs.
- Day 06: Trek to Phortse Village (3810 m / 12500ft) walk approx 6 hrs via Mong la
- Day 07: Trek to Thyangboche (3860 m / 12664ft) walk approx. 6 hrs
- Day 08: Trek to Manjo / walk approx 7 hrs
- Day 09: Trek to Lukla / walk for around 6 hrs
- Day 10: Fly to Kathmandu
- Day 11: Cultural tours to Buddhist Shrine and Pashupatinath temple
- Day 12: Everest panorama trek ends / airprot transfer