Itinerary of Island peak trip in Nepal
Detail day to day climbing itinerary of Island peak expedition in Everest region.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu / Welcome Dinner with cultural program.
- Arrive in Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel free to relax and get over your jet-leg.
- Initial arrival information
- Welcome Dinner with Nepali ethnic cultural program
Day 02: Explore Buddhist Stupa and Hindu Cremation Shrines / Trip preparation
- Half day sightseeing tour of world heritage site Pashupatinath and Boudhanath
- PM trek briefing and trek pack distribution that will given by trek leader.
Day 03-04: Fly to Lukla and trekking to Namche to start the Island peak expedition.
- Morning scenic mountain flight to Lukla – 40 minutes flight
- Rearrange duffle bag before load up by porters to proceed Phakding (2650m), an easy afternoon’s picturesque walk.
- Walk to Namche Bazaar (3440m), the main trading centre for the Khumbu region. Cross 5 times suspension bridge over Dudhkoshi River.
- We enter into Everest National Park, the magnificent mountain views first sight of Mt. Everest.
Day 05-06: Trek to Khumjung after an acclimatization rest day at Namche.
- Acclimatization day – short hike to Everest view hotel or nearby viewpoint follow-up the rule of Altitude go high sleep low. Afternoon can explore the museum, which exhibits the history and culture of the Everest region and the flora, fauna.
- Khumjung, the most impressive location of the region’s, spectacular views of Everest, Lhotse, Kantaiga, and Ama Dablam. There will be the opportunity to explore the monastery and watch Legendary Yeti scull.
Day 07: Trek to Photse via Monla, on the way to Gokyo valley
- Initial walking would be moderate through terraces and climb to Mongla after Mongla downhill until across the river. We ultimately come into sight a beautiful village set Phortse on above the tree line.
Day 08-09: Trek to Dingboche, above tree line / exploration day.
- Morning we traverse high pastureland above the river and stop for lunch at Pangboche. After lunch continue for the rest of the day up the glacial valley until reach Dingboche.
- Second important acclimatisation day take hike above the village after breakfast and it’s very important to judge oneself coping with altitude properly or not.
Day 10: Trek to Lobuche with extraordinary scenery.
- On the way to Lobuche we sight the great memorials of late Everest summiteers and terminal moraine of the great Khumbu Glacier on the Thukla pass.
Day 11-12: Trek the Everest Base Camp and climb Kalapathar for proper acclimtisation.
- One of the challenging and exciting day for all trekkers everyone’s dreams becoming true visiting Everest Base Camp at 5380m, the Khumbu Icefall from Base Camp is spectacular. We return down to Gorakshep for the night.
- Kala Pathar, a natural view towers at 5545m, try to get on top before sunrise and watch the awe-inspiring sunrise on Everest and its dominants. We make a quick descent to Gorakshep and pack up after breakfast we head down to Dingboche for overnight stay.
Day 13-14: Climb to Island peak base camp / Rest and climbing clinic
- The glacial river and open arid valley to the Island peak Base camp and pass on the way the last settlement Chhukung village and finally reach Base camp near south slopes of the Island Peak.
- Our company chef prepares food for all as long you are in base camp.
- Climbing clinic – Climbing guide displays all the required climbing equipment and brief you about technical part and demonstrate it properly. All the climbing members should obtain basic knowledge of climbing gears to cope with difficult situation on submit day. Climbing guide always eager to assist you unless and until you are confident on uses of climbing gears.
Day 15-16: Island peak climbing period / sensational Himalayan panorama.
- Start walking with the help of flash light, the track leads north east beyond the base camp few hundred meters rugged flat path before steep climb of hillside.
- We follow the ridge line and come into the exposed area next to the summit glacier. We rope up all members to traverse icy glacier and cross several crevasse. Ultimately reach bottom of south summit ridge and use fixed rope and Jummer onwards climbing 45degree ice slope and sharp submit ridge to the top. Shortly enjoying summit views we descend down to base camp for night stay.
- Spare day – It is important to keep spare day in case of bad weather or any problem occurred before the summit day there will be at least an option to attempt to the top. This is an optional day in case of not used as appropriate manner can use exploration the area or simply relaxed on the way down.
Day 17-19: Trekking down to Lukla via Pangboche and Thyangboche.
- Pangbuche we retrace down Imja Valley and pass the tea-houses of Chukhung and Dingbuche. Rejoins with main Everest BC trail after crossing the River.
- Trek to Namche Bazar we exploring the most famous Tyangbuche Monastery drop down to the bottom of Dudhkoshi river and hit the uphill of Kyenjuma village then trail becomes level almost to Namche.
- Namche to Lukla, beautiful mountain views and fresh green valley adds energies to continue as far to reach the Lukla its our last night camp up in the mountain and celebration night with crew to keep all memories more alive
Day 20-21: Fly to Kathmandu / Rest day.
- Fly back to Kathmandu spare time can explore city heritage sites
- Leisure day in Kathmandu/ Last minute shopping
Day 22: Island peak climbing trip ends / Airport transportation.
- Trip concludes with customise airport transfer / hope to see you on next climbing trip to the Himalayas
Mountain Monarch renowned for the quality service and achieving the best possible success rate in scaling the summit has designed this Island peak climbing portion trip to those trekkers who wish to do the guided climb to the summit of Island peak joining the group at base camp.Browse