Island Peak Climbing
Incredible success rate of 51 trekkers out of 62 scaled the Island peak in 2016. Above 90 % summit success rate in the year of 2017 and 2018 on Island peak climbing trip
All personal and group climbing gear provided: La Sportiva climbing boot, Exped down mattress, sleeping bag, down jacket. Thus no need to bring or invest in expensive gear just for one trip.
Island peak climbing with Everest base camp
There is no doubt that Himalayan peaks have drawn adventurers, climbers and cultural enthusiast for many decades. Among all the trekking peaks in Nepal, Island peak is the most popular as it is suitable to all novice climbers and experienced trekkers. Explicitly this Island peak climbing offers an exhilarating climbing experience beyond simply trekking in Nepal. By climbing the Island peak, you will stand on a summit of wonderful mountain at 6189 meters. Standing on top of Island peak cherish the same unforgettable sense of achievement as you would on the top of mt. Everest. Generally speaking the Island peak climbing is not technically challenging but it can be physically demanding. Notably the climb is graded as Alpine PD+.
Responsible Travel with Safety First
We run all of our trips in responsible way with safety and comfort as possible at its highest standard. Most importantly we ensure the medical trained and experienced guide to lead your trip to Island peak. Besides that we carry the proper safety back up like Oxygen or Portable Altitude Chamber. Further more the comprehensive medical box in dealing with any problems that may arise on trip. Proud to share with you that Mountain Monarch is the pioneering company having responsible trekking policy. Dedicated 01 TREKKER:01 PORTER allow every trekkers to have own pace and flexibility on trip. No doubt you feel proud that you have your own personal porter. Above all your porter carrying lighter weight and walking next to you with bigger smile.
Island peak is also known as Imja Tse. This is often the first step for most of the climbers before any summit attempt of giant peaks in the Himalaya. We take an exciting flight to Lukla to begin the Island peak climbing with Everest base camp hike. Hence we climb the less trodden trail to Everest base camp and Kalapathar for proper acclimatisation before summit push. In particular we customise a special climbing training session at the base camp of Island peak. Indeed the training covers on required climbing skills to scale the summit safely and successfully.
Summit day – standing on top of Island Peak at 6189 meter
Significantly the Island peak climbing summit day starts very early in the morning with an interesting scramble along a rock ridge to a glacier. Further more above the rock ridge there is a steep snow head wall leading to the summit. Off course this is a physically challenging but a great day of achievement. Obviously our permanent and highly experienced climbing guides fix NEW ropes. Thus ensure safe ascent with jumar and harness for the strenuous and challenging section. The ultimate climb up a 60 – 70 degree face about 150 meters to the summit ridge.
From the top of Island peak, you can see a breathtaking panorama of gigantic mountains of Nuptse, Lhotse, Lhotse central and Lhotse Shar. This form a semi circle in the north. The stunning views of Makalu (8475m), Baruntse (7129m) in the east and famous expedition peak of Amadablam (6812m) in the south. Never to be forgotten the experience of Island peak climbing with Everest base camp in the Himalayas.
6189 meter Island peak climbing with hike to Everest base camp
All personal and group climbing gears PROVIDED
Climbing clinic course at base camp thus no preview climbing training or experienced required.
Full board meals and tea house plus camping on trek, hotel in Ktm.
Responsible travel : 01 trekker:01 porter
Hassle free trip - trek and climbing permit to Lukla flight
Experienced climbing guide and cook team at Island peak base camp with solar panel
Medical trained group leader with Oxygen cylinder or PAC bag and first aid kit.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu / Welcome Dinner with cultural program.
- Arrive in Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel free to relax and get over your jet-leg.
- Initial arrival information
- Welcome Dinner with Nepali ethnic cultural program
Day 02: Explore Buddhist Stupa and Hindu Cremation Shrines / Trip preparation
- Half day sightseeing tour of world heritage site Pashupatinath and Boudhanath
- PM trek briefing and trek pack distribution that will given by trek leader.
Day 03-04: Fly to Lukla and trekking to Namche to start the Island peak expedition.
- Morning scenic mountain flight to Lukla – 40 minutes flight
- Rearrange duffle bag before load up by porters to proceed Phakding (2650m), an easy afternoon’s picturesque walk.
- Walk to Namche Bazaar (3440m), the main trading centre for the Khumbu region. Cross 5 times suspension bridge over Dudhkoshi River.
- We enter into Everest National Park, the magnificent mountain views first sight of Mt. Everest.
Day 05-06: Trek to Khumjung after an acclimatization rest day at Namche.
- Acclimatization day – short hike to Everest view hotel or nearby viewpoint follow-up the rule of Altitude go high sleep low. Afternoon can explore the museum, which exhibits the history and culture of the Everest region and the flora, fauna.
- Khumjung, the most impressive location of the region’s, spectacular views of Everest, Lhotse, Kantaiga, and Ama Dablam. There will be the opportunity to explore the monastery and watch Legendary Yeti scull.
Day 07: Trek to Photse via Monla, on the way to Gokyo valley
- Initial walking would be moderate through terraces and climb to Mongla after Mongla downhill until across the river. We ultimately come into sight a beautiful village set Phortse on above the tree line.
Day 08-09: Trek to Dingboche, above tree line / exploration day.
- Morning we traverse high pastureland above the river and stop for lunch at Pangboche. After lunch continue for the rest of the day up the glacial valley until reach Dingboche.
- Second important acclimatisation day take hike above the village after breakfast and it’s very important to judge oneself coping with altitude properly or not.
Day 10: Trek to Lobuche with extraordinary scenery.
- On the way to Lobuche we sight the great memorials of late Everest summiteers and terminal moraine of the great Khumbu Glacier on the Thukla pass.
Day 11-12: Trek the Everest Base Camp and climb Kalapathar for proper acclimtisation.
- One of the challenging and exciting day for all trekkers everyone’s dreams becoming true visiting Everest Base Camp at 5380m, the Khumbu Icefall from Base Camp is spectacular. We return down to Gorakshep for the night.
- Kala Pathar, a natural view towers at 5545m, try to get on top before sunrise and watch the awe-inspiring sunrise on Everest and its dominants. We make a quick descent to Gorakshep and pack up after breakfast we head down to Dingboche for overnight stay.
Day 13-14: Climb to Island peak base camp / Rest and climbing clinic
- The glacial river and open arid valley to the Island peak Base camp and pass on the way the last settlement Chhukung village and finally reach Base camp near south slopes of the Island Peak.
- Our company chef prepares food for all as long you are in base camp.
- Climbing clinic – Climbing guide displays all the required climbing equipment and brief you about technical part and demonstrate it properly. All the climbing members should obtain basic knowledge of climbing gears to cope with difficult situation on submit day. Climbing guide always eager to assist you unless and until you are confident on uses of climbing gears.
Day 15-16: Island peak climbing period / sensational Himalayan panorama.
- Start walking with the help of flash light, the track leads north east beyond the base camp few hundred meters rugged flat path before steep climb of hillside.
- We follow the ridge line and come into the exposed area next to the summit glacier. We rope up all members to traverse icy glacier and cross several crevasse. Ultimately reach bottom of south summit ridge and use fixed rope and Jummer onwards climbing 45degree ice slope and sharp submit ridge to the top. Shortly enjoying summit views we descend down to base camp for night stay.
- Spare day – It is important to keep spare day in case of bad weather or any problem occurred before the summit day there will be at least an option to attempt to the top. This is an optional day in case of not used as appropriate manner can use exploration the area or simply relaxed on the way down.
Day 17-19: Trekking down to Lukla via Pangboche and Thyangboche.
- Pangbuche we retrace down Imja Valley and pass the tea-houses of Chukhung and Dingbuche. Rejoins with main Everest BC trail after crossing the River.
- Trek to Namche Bazar we exploring the most famous Tyangbuche Monastery drop down to the bottom of Dudhkoshi river and hit the uphill of Kyenjuma village then trail becomes level almost to Namche.
- Namche to Lukla, beautiful mountain views and fresh green valley adds energies to continue as far to reach the Lukla its our last night camp up in the mountain and celebration night with crew to keep all memories more alive
Day 20-21: Fly to Kathmandu / Rest day.
- Fly back to Kathmandu spare time can explore city heritage sites
- Leisure day in Kathmandu/ Last minute shopping
Day 22: Island peak climbing trip ends / Airport transportation.
- Trip concludes with customise airport transfer / hope to see you on next climbing trip to the Himalayas
- Private Arrival and Departure transfers on both domestic and international flights.
- Standard Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on a twin share bed- and- breakfast basis as per the itinerary.
- Full board meals while trekking (breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner) entire Island peak climbing.
- Freshly cooked Full board meals prepared by our cook while on Island peak expedition.
- Properly boiled drinking water, tea and coffee while on trek.
- Responsible trekking in Himalayas with One trekker : One porter ratio policy.
- Accommodation in tea house or lodge while on Island peak Everest base camp trekking.
- Accommodation in Tented camp while on the island peak climbing.
- Nepali welcome dinner as listed in the itinerary.
- Half day guided city tour with world heritage entrance fees as listed in itinerary.
- All Domestic flights and airport tax as listed in the itinerary to start the Island peak trek.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek as applicable.
- Island Peak climbing expeditions Permit Royalty of US$ 250 only per person and other government tax.
- Climbing Clinic Course at base camp.
- All required Personal and Group Climbing gear: LA SPORTIVA climbing boot, EXPED down-filled mattress, Black daimond crampons, ice axe, zoomer, harness, figure of eight, carabineer, helmat, climbing rope etc.
- We provide all camping gear including - tents for member, dining tent with table and backrest chair, Kitchen tent with utensils, staff, porter and toilet tents on whole trip.
- Mountain Monarch Trip Gears - sleeping bag, fleece inner liner, down jacket, rain poncho etc for the use during the trip. S
- Professional local experienced Trek Leader / Guide trained in Wilderness First Aid.
- Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) / Gamow Bag (A life saving device in case of Acute Mountain Sickness) or Oxygen along with the comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Island peak climbing trip map.
- Well-experienced Climbing guide with all his allowance and expenses.
- Trekking cook, kitchen staff, Trek Sherpa and other support staff while on Island peak climbing.
- Porters to carry all personal gear and group equipment on Island peak Everest base camp trek.
- Proper Insurance of all staff including porters.
- Warm clothing and trekking gear for staff including porters: Gortex jacket, gortex trousers, fleece jacket and pant, trekking shoes, woolen hat, gloves, shocks, sunglasses etc.
- Complementary Mountain Monarch Island peak climbing T-shirts.
- Island Peak climbing certificates issued from the respective body of Nepal Government.
- Comprehensive pre - departure information and trip dossiers.
- Trekking permit, Everest National park entry fees required for the Island peak expedition.
- Nepal entry Visa fees, Your travel insurance of any kind.
- International Airfare to Kathmandu for the Island peak trip.
- All Drinks and main meals in cities.
- Tips and Items of personal expenses like hot shower, battery charge, telephone, beverage drinks etc.
US$ 2,850.00 per person