Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek
Trekking through tranquil, picturesque mountain wilderness of Kanchenjunga
Kanchenjunga base camp trek is an ideal trekking route for those with time and desire to venture into some of the remote regions of Nepal. Mt. Kanchenjunga is the third highest mountain in the world at 8586 meters striding the border between Nepal and India. Also known as natural paradise with remote mountain area and eleven peaks which are higher than 7000 m.
Natural diversity and ethic traditional culture
Kanchenjunga base camp trek explore less trodden and unspoiled region. Where we encounter with ethnic group having their own unique culture and tradition. Here you can experience the tropical to sub-tropical forest of rhododendron, oak and chestnut. Further more to the high Alpine zone dominated by enchanting views of snow-capped Himalayas. Which is being fascinated with glacial plateau and beautiful landscape. Additionally the traditional village settlements of Rai, Limbu, Gurung and Sherpa with their solitary culture and lifestyle. Kanchenjunga region is also well known for home of the Red Panda, snow leopard and other snow animals, birds and plants. This area is protected and controlled by (KCAP) Kanchenjunga Conservation Area Project established in 1997. There are two North and South Base Camp of this huge, massive Mountain situated right on the border of Sikkim in the east and Tibet in the north of Nepal.
Kanchenjunga base camp trek – a less trodden route
Kanchenjunga base camp trek begins along the Tamur River through Pipal trees and villages. Where traditional life is little touched by the modern world. This includes those of the Limbu people, famous for inventing Tongba (the highland concoction made from fermented millet). They are the mainstays in the British Gorkha Regiments. Passing through some of the country’s most pristine oak and rhododendron forests brings you to harsher high terrain. Crossing the Mirgin-La pass at 4725 meters gives you views of Makalu, Chamlang and Everest. Next you will pass the glacier, and finally you are rewarded with an incredible, close-up view of Kanchenjunga peak as you approach the Kanchenjunga base camp at Pang Pema. Whilst exploring the surrounding area you will also see a panorama of Wedge Peak, The Twins, Pyramid Peak and Tent Peak in our Kanchenjunga base camp trek.
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu / Welcome dinner / Hotel accommodation
- Day 02: World Heritage Cultural tour in Kathmandu / Trek Preparation
- Day 03-04: Fly to Bradraputr and drive to Taplejung to start Kanchenjunga base camp trek
- Day 05-10: Trek to Ghunsa via Sakethun and Kyapra and acclimatization rest day
- Day 11-13: Trek to Lhonak and Exploration hike to Pangpema
- Day 14-15: Trek to Sele Le Base camp
- Day 16-17: Trek to Ramze after crossing the Sele Le (4600m) and Sinion pass
- Day 18: Exploration hike to Oktang south Kanchenjunga base camp
- Day 19-23: Trek to Tharpu via Khebank and drive to Bhadraput and stay at hotel
- Day 24-26: Fly to Kathmandu from Bhadraput and exploration day in Kathmandu
- Day 27: Kanchenjung base camp trekking ends / ariport transfer.