Trekking in Kathmandu – short hiking adventure with Chitwan Jungle safari
Kathmandu Valley Rim trek is one of the fascinating short trip for those who wish simply have a week or less time duration in Kathmandu looking for the trekking experience in Nepal. Mountain Monarch has designed this Kathmandu valley route with exotic Chitwan safari especially for family groups with children. This is a leisurely walk in beautiful vicinity with enough opportunity to understand the local people, their villages, culture and lifestyle. This short trekking in Kathmandu offers 180 -degree mountain views stretching from far west Annapurna range to east Everest.
We explore the cultural sights and sounds in Kathmandu valley while getting prepared for the valley rim trek. We take a short drive to Sundarijal to start our tea house hiking trip to Chisapani which is the entrance for the Langtang region trekking. Our trek continue to the Nagarkot which is a hill station on the rim of Kathmandu valley for the best Himalayan vista,. No doubt a hill station destination of its own for many travellers visiting Nepal. The short trekking in Kathmandu itinerary is followed by the Chitwan Jungle Safari. Where you will track the rare Royal Bengal tiger, one-horned rhinoceroses, slot bear, crocodile and many other species of birds and animals. Of course this will enchant as you explore this pristine Jungle area and add more charm on your short visit to Nepal.
Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu.
Day 02: Half day guided city tour PM free.
Day 03: Kathmandu valley rim trek begins.
Day 04 - 06: Treks ends
Day 07: Drive to Chitwan National Park and start jungle activities.
Day 08: Full day Jungle Safari
Day 09: Drive to Kathmandu.
Day 10: Short trekkinn in Kathmandu concludes / Departure.
- Arrival and departure transfers on both domestic and international flights.
- Standard Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast as per the itinerary.
- Full board meals while trekking / Rafting / Safari.
- Accommodation in comfortable lodge or Teahouse.
- Welcome dinner with cultural program as listed in the itinerary.
- Half day guided city tour as listed in itinerary.
- All Domestic flights and airport tax as listed in the itinerary.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek/ Rafting / Safari as applicable.
- All actvities in wildlife safari including elephant ride
- Free use of quality trekking gear - sleeping bag, fleece liner, down jacket, rain poncho etc during the trip.
- For rafting trips - all rafting equipment-life jacket, helmet and wind proof jacket and trousers (in winter).
- Professional local trekking group leader well trained in Wilderness First Aid.
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Trekking guides and other support staff.
- Porters to carry all personal gear and group equipment.
- Insurance of all staff including porters.
- Warm clothing and other required trekking gear for porters like Gortex jacket and trousers, trekking shoes / boots, sleeping bag / blanket, woolen hat, woolen gloves, woolen shocks, sun glasses etc.
- Complementary trek duffle bag and Mountain Monarch T-shirts.
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers
- Trekking permit, national park / conservation entry fees.
- Your Travel Insurance
- Nepal entry Visa fees
- International Airfare and Airport Tax
- Your Travel Insurance
- Drinks and main meals in cities.
- Tips and Items of a personal nature like postage and laundry
US$ 1,150.00 per person