Detail Itinerary of Langtang Gosaikunda trekking
Itinerary of Langtang Gosaikunda trek – 2 weeks teahouse trekking in Lantang region in Nepal
Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu / welcome dinner with ethnic cultural program.
- Your group leader will meet you at airport and transfer to Hotel Short briefing about hotel facilitates,
- Dinner at Nepali restaurant with Cultural show a traditional fascinating highlights.
Day 02: Morning cultural tour / Trek preparation.
- Morning city tour on World Heritage sites Pasupathinath Temple and Boudhanath Stupa.
- Afternoon pre-trek briefing and distribution of trek pack duffle bag, down jacket, sleeping bag etc.
Day 03: Drive to Syabru Besi, start Langtang Gosaikunda trekking.
- An early departure for Sybrubesi with awesome scenery maximum 8 hrs drive to the trek starting point.
- It offers the superb panorama of Himalayas including , Ganesh Himal.
- First entry of Langgtang National Park before district Head quatar Dhunche.
Day 04-06: Trek to Kangen Gompa exploring the Himalayan settlements.
- Before crossing the Bhote Koshi River enter the permit at Langtang conservation entry post,
- First tantalising views of Langtang Lirung (7225m)
- Langtang (3430m) is a Tibetan influence village with flat-roofed houses and its own Gompa (Buddhist monastery).
- Exit of large Chorten (pagoda) and a long row of Mani stones are the witness and reflect of Buddhist region.
- Increased altitude maximise the risk of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) and encounter with mild AMS symptoms
- Visit and test excellent and organic Yak cheese from the ‘factory’, established by the Swiss Association for Technical Assistance back in 1955.
Day 07: An exploration day to the surrounding hills.
- Hike to Kyanjin Ri (4773m) for the spectacular views of panoramic snowy Mountains.
- In option, ascent of Tserko Ri (4984m) is challenge of personal fitness.
- Enthusiastic trekker ascent nearby Ubra glacier.
Day 08-09: Trekking down hill to Syabru.
- Kyanjin Gompa to Thulo Syabru you retrace steps up to Landslide and follow the trail leading upper directions.
- The last part of the day involves a twisting climb as you gain height to arrive in the village.
- Thulo Syabru village has set up on the long ridge all houses are againest the back drop of snowy peaks.
- Charming and very friendly local people adds the exceptional of the trek.
Day 10-12: Trek to Gosaikunda, Holy lake and an exploration day.
- A Challenging climb to Foprang Danda and mountain views are superb on top.
- After Foprang danda trail is almost level to Singompa.
- Visit cheese factory of Singompa and monastery the dark interior blackened by years of burning candles. A torch will pick out the colourful wall paintings of gods, goddesses and demons on the walls.
- Opens the central west mountain ranges to Ganesh Himal (7406m), Manaslu (8156m) and the Annapurna.
- The holy Gosaikunda lakes are the objective of Hindu pilgrims at the time of the full moon in August each year make the trek as often barefoot and in little more than thin cotton clothing.
- Free & Exploration day at Gosaikunda
Day 13: Cross the challenging Laurebinayak pass on the way to Ghopte Danda.
- Route up to the pass is clearly marked with cairns and once at the summit (4610m) can look back adjoining down valleys.
- A long and streneous day as you cross the Laurebina Pass into the idyllic Helambu Valley although the pass is not technically difficult, snow and ice can make the walking more demanding, views are superb though.
- At the end of this tough day you arrive at Ghopte (3530m) and an opportunity to reflect on your achievements today.
Day 14-17: Trek to Kathmandu via Kutungsang, Chisapani and Sundarijal.
- Tharepati, a group of herders’ huts at 3490m. with decent views down into the Helambu valley and across to Jugal Himal and Numbur in the Solu Khumbu region.
- It is descending to Pati Bhanjyang; a large Tamang village with a small town and a police check post. From here it is a 2-hour climb to Chisopani for overnight stay.
- The trail passes National Army check post and climbs to Burlang Bhanjyang Pass ridge marks the northern rim of the Kathmandu valley.
- Magnificent views, Annapurna in the west to Ganesh Himal and Numbur in the east.
- Pass Sundarijal water reservoir for Kathmandu Valley and follow a large water supplies pipe and ends in market.
- Pick up and transport back to Kathmandu hotel.
Day 18: Free exploration day.
- Interesting spot in Kathmandu valley: the Royal Palace, Durbar Squares, Swayambhunath (the monkey temple),Patan and an ancient city Bhakatpur etc.
Day 19: Langtang Gosaikunda trip end / Airport departure.
- Transfer to Intl. airport for further destinations.