Langtang Heritage Trek
Trekking Langtang Heritage Trail – Combination of the Tamang heritage trail with Langtang valley trek.
This Langtang Heritage trek is a specially designed off the beaten trail that highlights an ancient rich Tamang cultural heritage trail combining it with picturesque scenery of secret Langtang valley. Previously restricted region near the Tibetan border, the unexplored northern Langtang valley has recently been developed into the Langtang Tamang Heritage Trail. The people in this area are mostly of Tamang, Tibetan origin, whose culture and crafts have remained unchanged. All these craftsmanship, dress, traditionally built stone households and the beautifully carved wooden porches reflect the solitude and the serenity of the Himalayan scenery.
Having explored the cultural heritage sites in Kathmandu valley we take drive to Syabrubesi to start our Langtang heritage hike. We pass many traditional settlements and monasteries that have remained unchanged. Panoramic view of Mt. Langtang, Kerung and Ganesh Himal are stunning. A fort at Rasuwagadi is a historical reminder of the Nepal Tibet relation that has existed for many centuries. Special arrangement of home stay program at some places enhances the cultural experienced. Thus allowing you to have close interaction with the local people, which is rare on normal trekking route. We take drive back to Kathmandu to end the memorable Langtang heritage trek.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu O/n at hotel
- Day 02: In Kathmandu / Preparation for the Trek
- Day 03: Drive to Syabru Besi O/n at Teahouse
- Day 04: Trek Gatlang
- Day 05: Trek to Tatopani
- Day 06: Trek to Thuman
- Day 07: Trek to Rasuwagadi (Nepal Tibet Boarder)
- Day 08: Trek to Briddim
- Day 09: Trek to Lamahotel (Langatng valley)
- Day 10: Trek to Langtang village
- Day 11: Trek to Kanjin Gompa
- Day 12: Free exploration day at Kanjin
- Day 13: Trek to Lama Hotel
- Day 14: Trek to Syabru Besi
- Day 15: Drive back to Kathmandu
- Day 16: Trip Ends / Departure