Mera and Island Peak climbing
Mera and Island peak climbing with high altitude challenging Himalayan traverse of Amphu Laptsa
Mera and Island peak climbing trip offer the the climb of two famous trekking peaks in the Himalayas. Climbing the Mera and Island peaks combined with crossing the high spectacular and challenging Amphu Lapcha pass makes this expedition a very special and challenging one. Ultimately the best demanding trekking with trekking peaks climbing experience in Nepal. Mountain Monarch has professionally designed this expedition itinerary to allow every participant to have proper acclimatisation. Resulting the summit of these two trekking peaks over 6000 meter a is achievable goal. Further more the trek through the remote valleys of Hinku and Imja tse in Everest region. Great opportunity not to miss in the Himalayas.
Climb the Mera and Island Peaks: all climbing gear provided
Standing over 6460 metres, spectacular Mera Peak offers a great Himalayan summit thrill. A challenging long high altitude trek to climb in the Himalaya. Island Peak at 6189 metres, though of a lesser height, is a slightly more technically demanding and exposed than the Mera. Thus it test the climbing skills you have learn on the Mera Peak and Amphu Laptsa crossing a week before. The view from the both of these peaks’ summit is simply breathtaking.
We organise special climbing training course at base camp. Thus to ensures that you are capable and confident enough to summit the Mera and Island peak climbing safely. The Amphu Labtsa pass requires some technical climbing ability to cross it safely. To make the descent safe and easy our climbing guides team fix ropes for you. Therefore the abseil on the rocky crest and compact blue glacier ice sections totally safe. We provide all the personal and group climbing gear to make it hassle free and affordable climbing trip in Himalayas.
Crossing the Amphu Laptch pass
We take the longer route to Mera peak base camp through the lush forests of rhododendron and pine. While higher up there are the uninhabited alpine areas of the upper Hinku valley. After the Mera Peak summit, we head eastwards exploring the less used route towards Makalu and the wilderness of the Hinku valley. Further more we camp at Seto Pokhari, a sacred lake at over 5000 meters nestling beneath the stunning ramparts of Chamlang, Lhotse and Everest dominating the horizon. Our next challenge is crossing the tough Amphu Labtsa pass at 5700 meters on our way to Island Peak. Undoubtedly the panoramic summit views are absolutely wonderful and will stay in your memory forever.
Finally we trek down to Lukla via Thyangboche monastery. We stay at local tea houses while trekking down from Island Peak to Lukla. This change of accommodation allow you can enjoy the relatively cosy comfort of teahouse. Enjoy the dining room and sleep in a comfortable bed after many nights spent in tented camps. We expect our participants on this Mera and Island peak climbing with Amphu Laptsa expedition to have extensive outdoor adventure skills with good trekking and hiking experience. Prior climbing experience is recommended and welcome but not mandatory as we will train you in all necessary climbing skills at base camps.
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu / Welcome dinner
- Day 02: Trip preparation: cultural tour and check / set gears
- Day 03: Fly to Lukla to start the expedition trip to Mera Island peak via Amphu Laptsa pass
- Day 04-06: Cross the Pangum la with first view of Mera peak
- Day 07-09: Trekking thought the lust Redodendro forest to Tangnang via Narging and Pacha Pokhari
- Day 10-13: Climb Mera peak base camp / climbing training / acclimatization
- Day 14: Set Mera high camp at 5800 meter / Panoramic vista of Himalayas
- Day 15: Summit day / early start to the Mera peak top / Himalayan summit thrill
- Day 16-18: Climb to Amphu Laptsa base camp through Ongmadingma and Seto PokharI tented camp stay
- Day 19: Cross the Amphu Labtsa pass / ascend and descent with fixed rope on glacier and rock
- Day 20-21: Climb to the Island peak base camp / rest day
- Day 22: Early start for the Island peak summit / great panoramic views
- Day 23-25: Trek down to Lukla via Thyangboche and Namche / stay at teahouse / enjoy the shower
- Day 26-27: Fly to Kathmandu / contingency day in case of bad weather for Lukla flight
- Day 28: End of the Mera and Island peak with Amphu Laptsa pass climbing trip /airport transfer.