Mera peak climbing – an expedition to the highest trekking peak in the Himalayas, unfolds the most exceptional panoramic view of FIVE of the world’s 8000 meter peaks in Nepal.
Exceptional 100% Summit Success rate on this Spring 2017
31 out of 39 trekkers booked with us climbed Mera peak in 2016. Similarly 43 trekkers climbed it successfully out of 54 booked in 2015.
All personal and group climbing gear is provided including La sportiva climbing boots, thus no need to buy or bring any expensive climbing gear.
Mera peak climbing – the highest trekking peak in Nepal
Mera peak is the highest trekking peak in Nepal – it has an alpine PD difficulty grade. It is a physically demanding snow trek with straightforward climbing. Mera Peak climbing is suitable for all fit trekkers who dare to dream of standing on a Himalayan summit. It is also best for all experienced trekkers looking for an exciting expedition style tented camping trek and climbing trip in Nepal. We customise the climbing training course covering various aspects of climbing techniques and skills like glacier travel, rope fixing, ascending and descending. The day training ensure all of you have necessary climbing skills and confidence to scale the summit successfully. We have years of experience in organizing such expeditions and have the expertise to ensure that you have every possible chance of success to climb Mera Peak and glorying in reaching the summit of your dream.
Mera peak trek
Our Mera Peak climbing itinerary has been carefully designed to trek the longer and less trodden trails with gradual ascents to ensure proper acclimatization. We are confident that by this longer route you will achieve it. After an exciting flight to Lukla, we begin the Mera Peak trek via the remote region of the Hinku valley of Pangkongma and Panch Pokhari on our way to base camp. To make the summit day shorter and enjoyable, we set our high camp at 5800 meter on a rocky shelf behind a large vertical rock, which provides some degree of shelter. The panoramic view seen from our Mera High Camp is truly breathtaking and probably one of the best of its kind. The climbing summit day starts early in morning and we approach the Mere peak top by the northern route – this involves gradual climb with an outstanding mountain panorama always in sight. The view from the summit is one of the finest in the Himalayas with five spectacular 8000 meter peaks visible. Mt.Everest (8848m), Cho-Oyu (8201m), Lhotse (8516m), Makalu (8463m), Kanchenjunga (8586m) as well as Nuptse (7855m) and Chamlang (7319m) – an unforgettable experience. We trek out a shorter route back to Luka via the Zetra la to end the challenging expedition trip of Mera peak climbing- an adventure journey of lifetime in the Himalaya.
Mera peak (6476 m) in Nepal with style and comfort
We stay in the full-supported tented camping with EXPED down filled mattress for extra comfort. Our Mera peak expedition cook prepares all fresh, hygienic and really tasty food. As a safety precaution, we always carry a Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) or Oxygen cylinder along with a comprehensive medical kit and a satellite phone for communication in case of emergency. Thus safety and comfort are our priorities. Mountain Monarch provide all personal and group climbing gears including La Sportiva’s Nepal Evo or Extreme climbing boots to make your trip to Mera peak climbing is a hassle free and cost effective.
Mera peak climbing highest trekking peak in Himalayas
Expedition style tented climbing trip Mera
All person and group climbing gear Provided including the La sportiva climbing boots.
All camping gear including EXPED matrres
Full board meals prepared by expedition cook
Experienced climbing guide
Medical trained group leader with PAC and Oxygen and medical first air kit.
Trek and climbing permit to Lukla fligth
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu / Dinner with cultural program.
Mountain Monarch representative or your trip leader will receive all the Mera peak climbing group members at the airport and transfer to the hotel. Make sure to check the Mountain Monarch clip board on your arrival in Kathmandu airport.
Hotel briefing and other information will be given.
Welcome dinner with cultural program.
Day 02: Witness the Hindu Cremation / Trip preparation.
Half day cultural tour in morning after the breakfast
Afternoon Mera peak climbing trip briefing and trek pack distribution.
Day 03: Fly to Lukla and commence our mera peak trek to Puiya away from the popular Everest trekking route.
Early morning half an hour exciting flight to Lukla,
Meet our crew and rearrange all the loads before handover to the porters. Start the trekking / tented camping accommodation on twin share.
Day 04-06: Cross the Pangum La Pass with first views of Mera on this Mera peak expedition.
Ascent a narrow trail high above the Dudhkoshi Valley.
Camp at Pangom a beautiful Himalayan Sherpa village.
Cross Pangom La pass (3140m) marked by ancient Chortens.
Entered into the Hinku valley un-spoilt remoteness.
The whole southern valley opens out in front wildly remote valley with the solitary mass of the Himalayan peaks marking the way.
Day 07-09: Climb to Tagnang via Narging and Pacha Pokhara
An excellent trekking day to phenomenal lake junction Kholakharka.
Kote village has set left from the Hinku River.
Walk offers outstanding mountain views to the northward.
Visit 200 year-old Gompa, which is build beneath a massive boulder.
Day 10-12: Reach Khare / Mera Base Camp - the trail hits 5000 metres. Acclimatisation and climbing training.
We trek to Khare . Short and significant hike for altitude adaptation even had taken sufficient walk valley leads up to a long range of peaks connecting Kusum Kanguru north to Kang Teiga.
Walk up alongside the Dig glacier excellent views to the north of the Hinku Nup glacier and the line of peaks beyond.
Second Acclimatization day has been specially set aside for giving us time to acclimatize properly.
Day 13-15: Three days for Mera Peak climbing: Establish High Camp at around 5800 meters. A very early start on summit day; dramatic vista from the Mera peak top.
Follow the eastern ridge traversing as far to reach ice slope and set up the camp near by the glacier.
The spot is ideal to practice mountaineering technique such as use of crampon, ice axe, jummer and figure of eight on a fixed rope.
High camp is second highlighted day of the expedition need to gear up necessary climbing equipment.
Mountain views are spectacular including Mt.Everest, Makalu, Lhotse, Choyu, Amamadablam and many more its dominants panoramas seen from the Mera peak high camp.
Summit day – Approached to the summit around noon without any delaying scale the summit of Mera the most magnificent panorama can be seen from the top, five of the world’s fourteen 8000meter Peaks.
Day 16: Spare dat for summit in case of bad weather
The weather condition in the Himalayas is unpredictable so this spare day enables us to be flexible with the program depending upon the weather condition or other problems.
Day 17-19: Return trail to Lukla, diverting via the Zatra pass (4589m) Mera peak expedition last night.
Retrace trail back to Kote and enjoy the refreshment celebration.
Follow another route back to Lukla that is quicker return with fantastic views of Mera Peak in different angle.
The trail passes over windy rugged Zatrawa La (4,580m), and steep descent toward the rocky outcrop of Kharkithanga.
Lukla evening will be last night dinner with the crew followed by a party to praise a memorable experience of Himalayas.
We spend the last night at teahouse in Lukla so you can take shower and enjoy the last night better.
Day 20 - 21: Fly to Kathmandu; free day or relax or explore the city
Flight back Lukla to Kathmandu remaining of the day is at leisure.
Can be visited interesting places of Kathmandu valley: National Museum (Royal Palace), Durbar Squares, Swayambhunath (the monkey temple), Patan and Bhakatpur ancient cities etc.
Day 22: Mera peak climbing Trip ends and airport transportation.
Sad to say today is the last day on your trip to Mera peak climbing.
We make sure to have the airport transfer by private vehicle with Escort of MMA representative to the further destinations.
- Private Arrival / Departure transfers on both domestic and international flights.
- Standard Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on a twin share bed- and- breakfast basis as per the itinerary.
- Freshly cooked Full board meals prepared by our cook (breakfast, lunch, dinner) entire Mera peak expedition.
- Properly boiled drinking water, tea and coffee while on trek.
- Accommodation in Tented camp while on MERA PEAK CLIMBING trip.
- Group welcome dinner as listed in the itinerary.
- Half day guided city tour with world heritage entrance fees as listed in itinerary.
- All Domestic flights and airport tax as listed in the itinerary.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek as applicable.
- Mera peak expedition Permit Royalty and other government tax.
- Climbing Clinic Course at Mera base camp
- All required Personal and Group Climbing gear: LESPOTIVA climbing boot, Black diamond crampons,ice axe, zoomer, harness, figure of eight, carabineer, climbing rope etc.
- We provide all the camping gear including Mountain Hardware member tent, EXPED down filled mattress, dinning tent with table and chair, kitchen, staff and toilet tent with commode.
- Mountain Monarch Trip Gears - sleeping bag, fleece inner liner, down jacket, trek bag, rain poncho etc for the use during the trip. Some Rolls of Toilet Paper and garbage plastic bag.
- Professional local experienced Trek Leader / Guide trained in Wilderness First Aid.
- Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) / Gamow Bag (A life saving device in case of Acute Mountain Sickness) along with the comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Mera peak climbing map.
- Well-experienced Climbing guide with all his allowance and expenses.
- Expeditions cook, kitchen staff, Trek Sherpa and other support staff while on Mera peak climbing in Nepal.
- Porters to carry all personal gear, tented camping equipment and food stuff for Mera peak trek. One Trekker : Four trek crew in ratio while on this fully camping trekking and climbing trip to Mera.
- Proper Insurance of all staff including porters.
- Warm clothing and trekking gear for staff including porters: Gortex jacket / trousers, fleece jacket and pant, trekking shoes / boots, woolen hat, gloves, shocks, sunglasses etc.
- Complementary Mountain Monarch Mera peak climbing T-shirts.
- Mera Peak climbing certificates issued from the respective body of Nepal Government.
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers.
- Makalu region trekking and National part permit and government taxes for the Mera peak trek and climbing.
- Nepal entry Visa fees, Your travel insurance of any kind.
- International Airfare and Airport Tax.
- All Drinks and main meals in cities.
- Tips and Items of personal expenses like hot shower, battery charge, telephone, beverage drinks etc.
US$ 2,950.00 per person