Mount Kailash Trip
Kailash tours – Pilgrimage Journey in Tibet
The Once in Lifetime holy journey to Kailash trip takes you to Lhasa, Shangri-La of Tibet and mythical Mount Kailash (6714m) and Lake Manasarovar. Mount Kailash, the holiest of all the holy mountains, the spiritual junction for the Hindus, Buddhists, Jains and Bonpos: is situated in the western part of Tibet. For the devout pilgrim a visit to Mt. Kailash and Lake Manasarovar forms the ultimate realization of their spiritual pursuit. And for the adventure-lovers this Kailash tours offer rugged beauty, remoteness, solitude and an adventure of lifetime.
We explore the Shangri-La’s treasure trove of architectural masterpieces before we head to the mount kailash for proper acclimatisaion on our Kailash trip. Majestic Potala palace, sparkling ancient Barkhor square, the scenic Buddhist monasteries of Drepung, once the largest The Jhokhang temple – a spiritual center, the awesome summer palaces of the Dalai Lama – Norbulinkha and peaceful and eye catching monk debating in Sera Monastery.
Tibet and Mansarovar Lake
After proper acclimatization and witnessing Lhasa’s wonder we take the rigorous overland driving, trekking and camping, through the remote and wild western Tibet to Mount Kailash. We can see the numbers of isolated villages, nomads’ tents with flocks of sheep, domesticated mountain goats and yaks grazing at the vast field in our journey to Kailash tours. It is a journey into a remote and secluded land where one seems to leave behind one’s material attachments as they travel and trek towards the holy lake and Mt. Kailash Kora.
Lake Mansarovar, an expanse of sparkling blue water sprawling over several miles, believed to be the seat of Brahma (the Creator of Universe) and the snow capped Mount Kailash is considered as the abode of Lord Shiva and his consort Parvati. The entire Kailash kora trek is the holiest of all the Tibet’s pilgrimage tour, an oasis of peace and serenity and the beacon that draws the many travelLers to the western Tibet every year. It is said that a single circumference erases the accumulated sins of a lifetime while 108 circumferences achieve the Salvation or Nirvana.
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu
- Day 02: Cultural tour in Kathmandu / Visa preparation
- Day 03: Flight to Lhasa, transfer to hotel in Lhasa
- Day 04: Sightseeing: Drepung, Norbulingka, Jorkhang temple
- Day 05: Sightseeing: Potala palace, Sera monastery
- Day 06: Drive from Lhasa to Gyantse ( 3950 m) 261 km
- Day 07: Sightseeing tour of Gyantse and drive to Shigatse ( 3900m)
- Day 08: Drive to Lhatse 4100 and acclimatization rest day
- Day 09: Drive to Saga ( 4600m) ( tented camping)
- Day 10: Drive from Saga to Paryang ( 4750m)
- Day 11: Paryang to Mansarovar Lake (4560m)
- Day 12: Mansarovar to Tarboche and attend the Saga Dawa Festival
- Day 13: Drive to Darchen and start Kailash trek / Kora of holy Mountain
- Day 14: Trek to Jharok Danghkhang approx 6-7 hrs walk
- Day 15: Trek from Jharok Dongkhang to Zutul and Phuk aprrox 8-9 hrs walk
- Day 16: Kailash Kora Trek end at Darchen approx 4 hrs walk and drive to Mansarovar
- Day 17: Drive from Mansarovar to Paryanag
- Day 18: Drive from Paryang to Saga ( tented camping)
- Day 19: Drive from Saga to Nyalam ( hotel )
- Day 20: Drive from Nyalam to Kathmandu
- Day 21: Free day in Kathmandu
- Day 22: Kailash trip end / airport transfer