Saribung peak climbing – 6000 meter expedition in the upper Mustang region with Nar Phu
Saribung Peak situates in the Damodar Himalayan range in the western part of Nepal. This is close to the Nepal Tibet border in a corner of the upper Mustang region. Nepal government has opened this peak for climbing expeditions only in 2006. Mountain Monarch has designed this Saribung expedition including the exploration of the restricted region of upper Mustang and the Nar Phu valleys. Both of them are well-known, inspiring destinations for trekkers.
Saribung Expedition routes in upper Mustang region
We follow the upper Mustang trek route to Lomantang in our Saribung peak climbing trip. Further more we visit the fascinating Luri Gompa before heading off into the wilds of Namta Khola valley. After the successful Saribung expedition, we trek out through the Nar and Phu valleys. The trails are rugged and exciting – cutting high into cliff sides and passing through villages that have changed little over the centuries.
The Saribung expedition itinerary enables you to view fantastic and unusual scenery, sample diverse cultures and religions and experience wide topographical variation. The Saribung peak climbing is a relatively easy one for experienced mountaineers. But it is physically demanding with the crossing of high passes like Saribung La at over 5600 m and Kang La at over 5200 meter are challenging.
Expedition with proper safety back and gears
We have professional and experienced climbing guide to lead your trip to the Saribung. We do carry the Oxygen cylinder with comprehensive first aid kits as a safety back up. There will be enough trek crew to support you. We do carry all the camping equipment and tented gear along with food stuff as a self competent team. We also provide all the required climbing gears including the climbing boots on this expedition to the Saribung in the Himalayas.
- Day 01: Saribung expedition trip arrival day / welcome dinner
- Day 02: Cultural tour and expedition preparation
- Day 03: Drive to Pokhara
- Day 04: Fly to Jomsom and start the expedition with trek to Kagbeni
- Day 05-09: Trek to Lomanthang in Uppper mustang exploration
- Day 10-14: Trek to Saribung base camp exploring the caves and Gompas
- Day 15-18: Saribung peak climbing period
- Day 19-24: Trek to Bulbule though the Nar Phu valley
- Day 25: Drive back to Kathmandu
- Day 26: Free rest day in Kathmandu
- Day 27: Expedition ends /airport transfer.