Pikey Peak Trek
An exploration of the unexplored Pikey peak cultural route in Everest to sights the incredible views of the seven 8000-metre peaks.
This Pikey peak trek in Rolwaling Everest region also known as Pikey Peak Dudhkunda trek. It offers the best opportunity to explore the famed Everest base camp trekking away from the regular trekkers crowds. Only countable trekkers have explored this stunning and lively cultural trail to Pikey peak. The Pikey peak offers the panoramic vantage point in see the Everest and Dudhkunda, situated at the base of stunning Mt. Number.
Exploring the sights and sounds of historical places in Kathmandu we start our tea house trek with a drive to Jiri. The trek route passes through terraced hillsides, Sherpa villages and alpine forest to the windswept open ridges of Pike peak (4065m). From here the panoramic view is incredible including the seven 8000-metre peaks. They are Mt. Everest, Kanchenjunga, Makalu, Lhotse, Manaslu, Annapurna and Shishapangma in Tibet. Besides that other Himalayan peaks like Gauri Shanker, Lhotseshar, Nuptse, Ama Dablem seen from the top. And further more Number peak, Khatang , Shishapangma, Mera, Thamserku etc all over horizon.
Less trodden teahouse trekking
The view above the tree line onto craggy high ridges to over 4000 metres on the way to Dudhkunda is simply breathtaking. Unrestricted views of Mera Peak, Thamserku, Makalu and off course Mt. Everest – never to be forgotten. We explore the local monasteries and Shengeephuk cave. Further more we trek further up to the sacred lake of Dudhkunda (4560m) in the lap of Mt. Numbur and Karyolung. Where tumbling ice falls hang precariously above the holy mountain lake blue calm water. We trek down via Trakshindo monastery to Phaphlu to take breathtaking flight back to Kathmandu.
There will be a medical trained trek guide to lead the group. There will be an oxygen tank with comprehensive medical box as a safety back up on this Pikey peak trekking in Himalayas.
- Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu / welcome dinner with cultural program
- Day 02: Cultural tour to Buddhist and Hindu Shrines / Trek Preparation
- Day 03: Drive to Jiri and starting camping trek
- Day 04-05: Trek to Ghorunda / views of Rolwaling valley
- Day 06-10: Trek to Pikey Peak/panoramic views of Himalayas including 7 of 8000 meter peaks in Nepal and Tibet.
- Day 11-14: Trek to sacred lake of Dudhkunda / closeup views of glacier and sourounding peaks.
- Day 15-17: Trek down to Phaplu / airstrip for Kathmandu.
- Day 18 -19: Fly to Kathmandu / Free day.
- Day 20: Trip ends / airport transfer