Tamang Heritage Trek
Tamang heritage trail – cultural heritage trek in Langtang
Tamang heritage trek is a special culture heritage trail trekking route that highlights an ancient rich cultural heritage of the Tamang people in Langtang valley – a Tibetan origin ethnic group. Previously a restricted region near the Tibetan border, the unexplored northern Langtang valley has recently been developed into the Tamang Heritage Trail. The people in this area are mostly of Tamang whose culture and crafts have remained unchanged . All these craftsmanship, dress, traditionally built stone households and the beautifully carved wooden porches reflect the solitude and the serenity of the Himalayan profile at its best.
We pass many traditional local villages and monasteries that have remained unchanged on this Tamang heritage trekking route in Langtang region. Panoramic view of mount Langtang, Kerung and Ganesh Himal are simply stunning. A fort at Rasuwagadi is a historical reminder of the Nepal Tibet relation that has existed for many centuries. We spend some nights at home stay with local people to explore and experience their culture, lifestyle and tradition at close hand which is rare on most of the other trekking routes. We take both way drive to Kathmandu Sybrubesi Kathmandu to start and end this Tamang heritage home stay trekking in Nepal.
- Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu / Dinner with cultural program.
- Day 02: Cultural heritage tour / Trek Preparation.
- Day 03: Drive to Syabrubesi to start the Tamang heritate trek / stay at Teahouse.
- Day 04-05: Trek to Tatopani via Gatlang / enjoy the natural hot spring.
- Day 06-07: Trek to Timure / visit the historical fort at Tibetan border.
- Day 08: Trek to Briddim / explore the local culture and experience the home stay.
- Day 09: Trek to Syabrubesi / Tamang heritage routes in Langtang region trek ending point.
- Day 10: Drive to Kathamdu / Free day
- Day 11: Trek ends / airport transfer.