Tent Peak Climbing
Climbing the tent peak combined with the ABC in Annapurna region
Tharpu Chuli peak climbing
This Tent peak climbing is best suited to those who are intending to step up from trekking to amateur mountaineering. Tent Peak also known as Tharpu Chuli peak offers the short trekking peak climbing experience – way beyond simply trekking. Of course this trip includes the trek to the picturesque Annapurna Base Camp with few days of peak climbing in Annapurna region. We climb the standard Northwest ridge, which is alpine PD grade. In comparison, our Tharpu Chuli expedition is physically not as challenging as climbing Island or Mera Peaks.
Tent peak climbing in the Annapurna region
We start our Tent peak climbing with a drive to Nayapul which is the trip starting point in the Annapurna region. Our trekking route passes through interesting terraced farmland, meanders through rhododendron forests and many different ethnic settlements. We cross the sparkling water of the Modi Khola several times. We climb up to both Machapuchare and Annapurna base camps, a thrilling experience, before we set up our tented camp for our Tharpu Chuli expedition.
There are some steep and ridge climbing sections that make this climb very interesting. Further more quite challenging for those attempting to climb a trekking peak for the first time. The view from the summit of Tent Peak is arguably one of the best Himalayan vistas. The wild and stunning Annapurna Sanctuary offers the spectacular panorama of many 7000 and 8000 metre awesome Himalayan peaks including Annapurna I, III and South, Hiunchuli, Baraha Shikhar, Khangshar Kang, Tarke Kang, Ganapurna – a truly inspiring and memorable scene.
All personal and group climbing gear provided
Mountain Monarch is committed to organise you trip to the Himalayas to make it hassle free, affordable and safe one. Thus we provide al the personal and group climbing gear, no need to worry to rent of buy for just a trip. We have experience climbing guide to lead your trip with Oxygen and medical kit as a safety back up.
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu, welcome dinner, O/n at hotel
- Day 02: Cultural Tour in Kathmandu / climbing preparation
- Day 03:: Drive to Nayapul and trek to Thikhedhunga
- Day 04: Trek to Ghorepani
- Day 05: Trek to Tadapani after Poon Hill morning excursion
- Day 06: Trek to Chomrong
- Day 07: Trek to Dovan
- Day 08: Trek to Machapuchare base camp
- Day 09: Trek to Annapurna Base camp
- Day 10: Acclimatization rest day at base camp
- Day 11: Trek to Tent peak base camp
- Day 12: Trek to high camp
- Day 13: Summit the Tharpu Chuli peak and back to base camp
- Day 14: Trek to Bamboo
- Day 15: Trek to Jhino Danda
- Day 16: Trek to Nayapul and to Pokhara O/n at hotel
- Day 17: Drive to Kathmandu / free time
- Day 18: Trip end / Departure