Guideline itinerary of 3 passes trek in Everest region. Trek over Rinjo, Chola, Kongmala and climb on 3 peaks of Gokyo ri, Kalapathar and Chukung ri – a complete trek plan in the Himalayas.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu / welcome dinner / stay at hotel in Thamel
- Mountain Monarch representative receives you at airport and transfer to the hotel check in briefing about Hotel facilities.
- Pre – trek briefing and trek pack distribution.
- Traditional Nepali dinner with cultural show in the evening.
Day 02: Cultural Tour / Preparation for the trek
- Half day guided city tour World Heritage sites Boudhanath stupa and Pashupatinath Hindu temple.
- Trek preparation in the afternoon / evening free for last minute gear shopping
Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2800m) and trek to Phakding (2850) to start the Everest 3 pass trek
- Early morning 40 minutes flight to Lukla
- 3 hours picturesque trek to Phakding for first night sleeping in mountain.
- Follow Dudhkoshi River valley and encounter with trekkers/ mules and Zopkyos and Buddhist monuments along the trail.
Day 04: Trek to Namche (3440m)
- Enter into the Sagarmatha National Park World Heritage site with spectacular high mountain views including the majestic Mt. Everest.
Day 05: Acclimatization rest day
- Morning Acclimatisation hike to Everest view hotel
- Afternoon explore Sherpa Museum and explore the local market of Namche Bazar.
Day 06: Trek to Thame
- Trek clockwise direction of Everest Base Camp following the West Bhotekoshi river valley towards Nyangpala Pass a gateway of Tibet-Nepal traditional way.
- These valleys has high profile of mountaineers and have set records on climbing histories since first ascent to Mt. Everest by Late Tenzing Norgay to Appa Sherpa who climbed Everest 21 times.
Day 07: Trek to Lungden
- It is short day trek from Thame to Lungden takes about 4 hours in the direction of the Nangpa La, the glaciated pass on Nepal Tibet border.
Day 08: Exploration day at Lungden
- Second acclimatisation day hike to the surrounding Hills, climb high for proper adjustment in Altitude.
Day 09: Trek to Gokyo
- Start early to reach Rinjola on top on time for great view.
- The views from the pass is incredible Majestic Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Makalu the fourth highest of the world, many more gigantic Himalayan peaks and Cho- Oyu above 8000m in very closed view.
- Descend all the way into Gokyo at an elevation 4800 meter.
Day 10: Exploration to Gokyo Ri
- We start steady ascent of Gokyo Ri early in the morning.
- Average 4 hours walk to the top Nepal’s best panoramic view point.
Day 11: Trek to Thangna
- Today we cross the glacier sections on the way to Thangna.
- Distance of camp is not very long so we can make it by lunch time thus afternoon is free to explore the wilderness.
Day 12: Trek to Zhongla via Chola pass
- We start walking early morning to avoid unforeseen situations during the mid day.
- Frozen condition has more advantages of stability so there are fewer chances of fallen loose rocks before pass.
- After the Pass there are no hazardous sections to come across
Day 13: Trek to Lobuche (4930m)
- After a cozy breakfast with exposes a dramatic panorama of the spectacular snow capped peaks we traverse high pastureland before we reach Lobuche.
- We reach Lobuche normally by lunch time.
Day 14: Trek to Gorak Shep and explore Everest base camp (5545m)
- Walk Westside of Khumbu Glacier and pass the moraine on the way to Gorak Shep.
- Light lunch at Gorakshep to continue for Legendry Everest Base Exploration.
- Strenuous day due to EBC excursion and high altitude.
Day 15: Climb Kalapathar and trek to Lobuche
- Early morning Ascent Kalapathar with help of flashlight. The trail is difficult to follow in dark but gets rewarding views from the summit of Kalapathar.
- After sufficient shots of dramatic mountains we decent down to lodge and take breakfast before continuing to Lobuche.
Day 16: Trek to Chukung crossing the Kongmala
- The route leads for another absolute wilderness away from the main trekking area, the trek follows the upper moraine. We walk carefully to climb and cross the glacier and reach near by the Nuptse wall.
- Steady climb toward the Kongmala pass 5535 meter the highest pass on our trip, the walk leads higher up and then descending towards the glacier pong and the walk leads to the Chukung village.
Day 17: Climb the Chukung ri and explore the valley
- Chhukung ri 5550 meter is being open from year 2015 for the free trekking peak which used to be a NMA peak required climbing permits to scale it.
- Don’t require any specific climbing gear and skills to summit this trekking peak.
- The view of Mt. Nuptse, Lhotse, Makalu, Baruntse, Amadablam, Cholaste, Thamerku, Kantega and Tawache peak is simply breathtaking.
Day 18: Trek down to Pangboche
- Descend the windy trail to Pangboche passing the beautiful village Dingboche set on the Imjatse valley.
- After late lunch there will be still spare time to explore the oldest monastery in Khumbu valley.
Day 19: Trek back to Namche
- There can be a tendency to rush as everyone long been waiting to proper hot showers however can’t prevent to visit Tengboche Monastery awesomely setting on the lap of snowy peaks.
- After Monastery visit we walk down to bottom of riverside then continue towards Namche uphill initially to level the elevation.
Day 20: Trek back to Lukla to end the Everest 3 passes and 3 peaks trek
- We retrace trail back to Lukla with full of memories of Himalayan Journey’s and last night dine with Mountain Monarch staff who accompanied on your trek.
Day 21: Fly to Kathmandu after the Everest 3 passes and peaks trip
- Possibly in morning we fly back Lukla to Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel. There will be ample time in hand choices is yours.
Day 22: Rest and exploration day in Kathmandu
- Lots of interesting thing to see in Kathmandu valley: the Royal Palace, Durbar Squares, Swayambhunath (the monkey temple), Patan and an ancient city Bhakatpur etc.
- Explore down town to shop for souvenirs, getting your photos or slides processed and trying out the various restaurants in Thamel.
Day 23: Three passes trek in Nepal end / airport transfers
- Transfer to the airport to fly back home with exhilarating Everest three pass trek experiences with us.