Tibet Everest Base Camp Tour
Driving tour to northern base camp of Mt. Everest in Tibet
An exploration of awesome Tibetan culture and views of the incredible Kangshung face of Everest and the world’s highest situated Ronbuk Monastery.
This classic Everest Base Camp tour in Tibet is a journey of lifetime to explore and experience the Tibetan awesome culture, brown rolling hills, wrecked forts, artistic ornate monasteries, centuries old caravan trails, breathtaking scenery etc. Lhasa Everest base camp trip offers many exciting memorable encounter along the way that you can’t express or explain unless you are a part of it.
Our Tibet Everest base camp tour begins with an amazing Trans-Himalayan flight to the sacred land of Lhasa over the spectacular peaks of Kanchenjunga (8536m) and off course the Mt. Everest. We have three nights in Lhasa for proper acclimatization. We witness the historical sights and sounds of ancient Shangri including Potala palace, Norbulinkha temple, Jorkhang temple, Sera and Drepung monasteries. We visit Gyantse to explore the historic fort and monastery.
At Shigatse we visit the impressive Tashilhunpo Monastery, ancient seat of the Panchen Lama before driving across the stark windswept Tibetan Plateau to the spectacular Rongbuk Valley and Everest Base Camp. The views of the north Kangshung face of Mt. Everest from Rongbuk and Everest base camp are simply sensational. Traversing through the high passes and rugged terrain and an incredible formation of the highest plateau of the world, fascinates you.
It is awesome to view beautiful rocks cascades and canyons slightly hidden in the thin flying mists of the mighty presence of the Mt. Shisapangma (8212m) on our overland drive back to Nepal board to end the exhilarating Tibet Everest base camp trip with Lhasa highlights.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu / hotel accommodation
- Day 02: In Kathmandu / Cultural tour / Trip Preparation
- Day 03: Trans -Himalayan flight to Gongar airport in Lhasa
- Day 04: In Lhasa, visit to Drepung monastery, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Bazzar
- Day 05: In Lhasa visit to Potala palace, Sera monastery etc.
- Day 06: Lhasa to Gyantse, visit Yamdrok Lake, Pelkor Chode monastery.
- Day 07: Gyantse to Xigatse / morning visit to Gyantse fort
- Day 08: Xigatse to Shegar
- Day 09: Exploration day to Ronbuk monastery and Everest base camp
- Day 10: Shegar to Zhangmu
- Day 11: Zhangmu to Kathmandu
- Day 12: In Kathmandu / Free day
- Day 13: Trip ends / airport transportation.