How to choose the best Trekking Company in Nepal?
Undoubtedly choosing the best trekking company in Nepal from the thousand of existing companies is not an easy assignment. In fact, numerous companies are offering the same service, destination, and itinerary on their website. Out of more than 2000 registered trekking companies in Nepal, probably around 10% of them are regularly leading the trips in the high Himalayan valleys of Nepal. Surely the service they provide and level of safety standards and maximum client satisfaction have varied from one to other companies once properly checked. Some companies offer the cheaper price with only logistics trek support whereas most of the best companies offer the full board and fully supported service with full esponsibiliey from your arrival to departure ex Kathmandu. Choosing the best company plays an important role in the safety and reliable services you are going to get on your adventure trip to the Himalayas.
There is an increasing trend to support and choose the local trekking company where one visits. Choosing the local and best trekking company definitely support the local people and minimizes the trip cost as well significantly by avoiding the sales agents. Many companies and platforms simply create a bridge between the trekker and the local company. Being responsible travelers breaking these bridges could change the future of the tourism industry and the world economy as well. Thus choosing the Nepal-based local company which has a great reputation for delivering responsible, safe and the best services is no doubt a win-win situation for both travelers and the company your trek with.
Best Trekking Company in Nepal: Some Tips on How to Choose
Here below are some tips on how to choose the Best Trekking Company in Nepal:
- Analyze client's review and testimonial. Most reviews include the clients' email addresses that you can always write and inquire about the company.
- Talk to the previous traveler if you know any who have been to Nepal, they might have some recommendations or stories to tell about their trip.
- Look out for the trip cost and inclusion carefully so there aren’t any surprises. Check carefully the cost inclusion and make sure it fulfills your requirement for the trip.
- Check whether the company offers fixed group joining departure dates to join the group.
- Examine the company safety standards that you can do in different ways either checking the website, emailing a company, or checking the company’s reviews to assist the best trekking company in Nepal
- Make sure the company does carry the Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) or Oxygen with a comprehensive first aid kit and a medically trained trek leader on all high altitude treks to handle any emergencies or health issues in the Himalayas.
- Avoid looking for cheap companies as they might not always deliver what they promise. Many trekkers wrote about their travel experiences compelling to take Helicopter out of trek without completing the journey.
- Investigate if the company has an applicable license and has registration procedures done by various required authorities like the Department of Tourism Ministry in Nepal, Nepal Tourism Board (NTB), and Trekking Agencies Association of Nepal (TAAN).
- Check the Founders of the Company – whether they are simply a businessman or adventure leaders or experts. Do they have earlier adventure trip leading experience or are they leading the trip?
- Make sure you have a trip leader who is a reliable competent professional and medically trained. Of course capable of handling any adverse situation on a trek is a must to be the best trekking company in Nepal
- Analyze the establishment of a company and how long they are in business as years of experience makes a difference.
- Check the company’s responsible policies including how they treat the porters which might be a most important factor in choosing the best trekking company in Nepal
- Still confused - talk with the company. Companies are always ready to provide you with the necessary detail as per your requests.
Of course, Mountain Monarch offers the best and safe adventure trekking in Nepal and peak climbing in the Himalayas adventure experience, here is the list of why Mountain Monarch for your trip to Nepal Himalayas.