How to choose the best Trekking Company in Nepal?
Undoubtedly, choosing the best trekking company in Nepal from the thousands of existing companies is not easy. Numerous companies offer the same service, destination, and itinerary on their website. Out of more than 2000 registered trekking companies in Nepal, probably around 10% are regularly leading trips in the high Himalayan valleys of Nepal. Indeed the service they provide and level of safety standards, and maximum client satisfaction have varied from one company to another once correctly checked. Some companies offer a lower price with only logistics trek support. In contrast, most of the best companies provide the full board and fully supported service with full responsibility from your arrival to departure ex Kathmandu. Choosing the best company is vital in the safe and reliable services you will get on your adventure trip to the Himalayas.
There is an increasing trend to support and choose the local trekking company one visits. Selecting the local and best trekking company helps the local people and minimizes the trip cost by avoiding the sales agents. Many companies and platforms create a bridge between the trekker and the local company. Being responsible travelers breaking these bridges could also change the future of the tourism industry and the world economy. Thus choosing the Nepal-based local company, which has an excellent reputation for delivering responsible, safe, and the best services, is no doubt a win-win situation for both travelers and the company your trek with.
Best Trekking Company in Nepal: Some Tips on How to Choose
Here below are some tips on how to choose the Best Trekking Company in Nepal:
- Analyze client's review and testimonial. Most reviews include the clients' email addresses that you can always write and inquire about the company.
- Talk to the previous traveler if you know any who have been to Nepal; they might have some recommendations or stories to tell about their trip.
- Look out for the trip cost and inclusion carefully, so there aren't any surprises. Check the cost inclusion carefully and ensure it fulfills your trip requirement.
- Check whether the company offers fixed group joining departure dates to join the group.
- Examine the company safety standards that you can do in different ways, either checking the website, emailing a company, or checking the company's reviews to assist the best trekking company in Nepal
- Make sure the company carries the Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) or Oxygen with a comprehensive first aid kit and a medically trained trek leader on all high-altitude treks to handle emergencies or health issues in the Himalayas.
- Avoid looking for cheap companies as they might not consistently deliver what they promise. Many trekkers wrote about their travel experiences, compelling them to take Helicopter out of trek without completing the journey.
- Investigate if the company has an applicable license and has registration procedures done by various required authorities like the Department of Tourism Ministry in Nepal, Nepal Tourism Board (NTB), and Trekking Agencies Association of Nepal (TAAN).
- Check the Company's Founders – whether they are businessmen, adventure leaders, or experts. Do they have earlier adventure trip-leading experience, or are they leading the trip?
- Make sure you have a trip leader who is reliable, competent professional, and medically trained. Of course capable of handling any adverse situation on a trek is a must to be the best trekking company in Nepal.
- Analyze the establishment of a company and how long they are in business, as years of experience make a difference.
- Check the company's responsible policies, including how they treat the porters, which might be the most critical factor in choosing the best trekking company in Nepal.
- Still confused - talk with the company. Companies are always ready to provide you with the necessary details per your requests.
Of course, Mountain Monarch offers the best and safe adventure trekking in Nepal and peak climbing in the Himalayas adventure experience; here is the list of why Mountain Monarch for your trip to Nepal Himalayas.