- 1 Day
Arrival in Kathmandu / airport pick up / stay at hotel in Kathmandu
The first day of the trip marks your arrival in Nepal. Upon arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport, we’ll warmly receive you and bring you to the hotel. After the initial greeting with us and your climb guide, you can relax in the hotel. Enjoy refreshments. Overnight in Kathmandu.
- Enjoy an aerial tour of Kathmandu Valley.
- Enjoy a refreshment at the hotel and meet your trip staff.
- Explore the beautiful and bustling Kathmandu City.
- 2 Day
Cultural tour and trip preparation
The second day of the trip begins with a tour of Kathmandu Valley. Enjoy your breakfast and then embark on a tour to a few of the most popular tourist sites, including Swayambhunath, Pashupatinath, Kathmandu Durbar Square, and Boudhanath. You will get to witness four of the seven UNESCO designated sites in the city. Also known as the “City of Temples,” Kathmandu remains home to numerous religious, historical, and cultural sites. Overnight in Kathmandu.
- Visit Swayambhunath and Boudhanath, two of the most revered Buddhist sites in Kathmandu City. Swayambhunath lies atop the hill overlooking the entire city while Boudhanath lies amidst the bustling Boudha Town.
- Pashupatinath is one of the most visited UNESCO designated sites in the city. It is home to the centuries-old temple dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- Kathmandu Durbar Square is a historical site that is home to an ancient Malla Palace, temples, historical statues, and a royal courtyard.
- 3 Day
Fly to Lukla and expedition starts with hike to Piuyan, walk 4 - 5 hrs
Embark on an early morning flight from Kathmandu to Lukla. Lukla is a mountainous town located 138km northeast of Kathmandu. Enjoy a scenic 30min flight overlooking the pristine mountains and ravines. Upon arrival, you can enjoy your breakfast. Leaving Lukla, you’ll begin descending south towards Surkey village. From Surkey, the trail steeply climbs towards Chutok La. A short descent takes you to Paiya village, followed by a scenic trek along the Handi Khola towards Puiyan. Overnight in Puiyan.
- Experience a spectacular mountain flight from Kathmandu to Lukla, a Himalayan town.
- Explore the traditional lifestyle of the ethnic Sherpa tribe.
- Trek along the deep ravines of the Khumbu Valley to reach Puiyan village via Chutok La.
- 4-6 Day
Trek to Chalen Khark via Pangkongma and Nargin Dingma
Leaving Puiyan village behind, you’ll continue traversing the forested trail towards the high mountain pass of Kari La. The trail descends through rhododendron and bamboo forests towards the Sherpa village of Panggom. The trail steeply climbs through the beautiful rhododendron forest towards Panggom La Pass (3174m) and continue downstream along the Pesang Kharka Khola to reach Peeng Kharka Danda.
Continue trekking downhill towards Ningsow Khola and cross the stream to reach Ningshow village. Leaving Ningshow village, you’ll begin climbing the steep trail to Surkey La, which opens access to Chalen Kharka (3600m). Cross the mighty Surkey La and continue climbing uphill through the lush grass fields towards Chalen Kharka. Overnight in Chalen.
- Explore the deep ravine of Dudh Koshi Valley and Makalu Barun National Park.
- Explore the traditional settlements of the ethnic Sherpa tribe.
- Cross the high mountain passes of Kari La, Panggom La, and Surkye La.
- 7-8 Day
Trek to Kote via Khola Kharka (4120 m)
Leaving Chalen Kharka, you'll begin traversing the pristine Makalu Barun National Park to reach the remote Hinku Valley. The trail climbs along the Yak pastures or Kharka situated along the river. The locals bring their Yak flock to these Kharka only during summer. Cross a few ridges and head towards the exposed ridge that offers a clear view of mountains as far as Kanchenjunga Peak (8586m) on a clear day.
Cross a mountain pass to reach the pristine lakes of Panch Pokhari. Leaving the holy lakes of Panch Pokhari, you’ll continue climbing through the rhododendron forests towards Khola Kharka. You’ll enter the remote part of the Barun Valley. The scenic trail continues along the snow moraines and climbs towards the prayer flags.
Catch the beautiful sights of Numbur, Pike top, and Lamjura pass. The trail begins to climb downhill along the Hinku Khola and climbs further downstream along Majang Khola. Cross the suspension bridge to reach Kote village. Overnight in Kote.
- Walk past rich Yak pastures or Kharka, which often sees a huge flock of Yak during summer.
- Visit the revered Panch Pokhari, the collection of five different Oligotrophic Lakes.
- Walk past lush rhododendron forests and trek into the remote glaciated region of Hinku Valley.
- 9-10 Day
Trek to Tangnang, walk 5 - 6 hrs & acclimatisation rest day
Leaving Kote, you’ll begin traversing Hinku Valley and cross the glaciated path to reach Tangnang (4300m). The trail continues to climb upstream along the Hinku Khola and crosses few landslide-prone areas towards Kyashar height. Catch the majestic sights of three summits of Mera Peak. Enjoy a delicious lunch at Tangnang overlooking the beautiful views of Kyashar height and Kusum Kanguru from the teahouse. Overnight in Tangnang.
- Climb upstream along the pristine Hinku Khola through the glaciated Hinku valley.
- Catch the majestic sights of Mera Peak’s three summits (Mera North, Mera Central, and Mera South), Kyashar Height, and Kusum Kanguru.
- Witness the remote, pristine glaciated valley of Hinku that remains popular for the endangered species of Snow Leopard.
- 11-12 Day
Trek to Khare Mera base camp, walk 5 hrs & climbing training
Leaving Tangnang, you’ll begin ascending the glaciated path towards Khare. Khare is the last destination before approaching Mera Peak. The climber’s base camp is also set up at Khare. A three-four hours trek takes you towards Kyeshar Peak. Leaving Kyeshar, you’ll begin climbing the glaciated path towards Dig Kharka, located in a snow-clad valley. Walk past Dig Kharka for few more hours to reach Khare and enjoy a delicious lunch. Acclimatization at Khare.
- Climb the local Kyeshar Peak to access Khare or Mera Base Camp.
- Catch the scenic views of Mera Peak, Charpati Himal, and Kyeshar from the base camp.
- Prepare for the climb by training with essential equipment such as an ice axe and crampon.
- 13 Day
Climb the Mera la base camp, walk 2 hrs
Leaving Khare, you’ll begin climbing the snow and rock moraines to reach Mera La (5,400m). The short ascent will be steep and arduous. The trail advances steeply out of Khare and leads through a rocky path overlooking Mera Peak. From here, the trail gets overblown by thick snow and rock gully onto the glacier. You may well require using crampons and helmets here on. As you reach the glaciated path, the gradient eases off. A short hike brings you to Mera La. Overnight in Mera La.
- Set up a camp on an icy and windy spot overlooking Honku valley.
- Prepare for the upcoming climb and indulge in a brief training session with your Sherpa guide.
- 14 Day
Climb the Mera high camp walk 4 hrs
Today, you’ll access the high camp located at an altitude of 5,800 meters. Another short ascent over the Mera glacier takes you to the extreme camp. The final ascent of Mera Peak is made from the high camp. Embark on a moderately steep climb and ascend for around 4 hours to reach Mera High Camp. Upon arrival, you can catch the breathtaking view of five out of the six highest mountains in Nepal, including Kanchenjunga, Makalu, Lhotse, Cho Oyu, and Mount Everest. Overnight in a camp.
- Catch the pleasant view of some of the most famous mountain peaks, Mount Everest, Kanchenjunga, Makalu, Lhotse, and Cho Oyu.
- Experience the adventure of camping as you enjoy a warm lunch and dinner inside the camp.
- 15-16 Day
Summit the Mera peak ( 6461 m) and descend to Kongme Dingma, climb 10 hrs
Today is the most exciting day of the trip. You’ll make the final ascent to Mera Peak summit. This particularly long day begins early. You’ll wake up around 2 am and enjoy your breakfast. Meanwhile, your staff will prepare the ropes for the climb. Prepare yourself and carry ice ax and crampons before beginning the ascent. As you begin to ascend, you will encounter a large, open glacier with numerous crevasses. Be careful and continue with your sluggish pace. The trail climbs steeply to the east of the left-hand ridge before heading right just below the summit. The last 50 meters to the summit is the hardest section of the climb. Use the fixed rope to do the climb to the top.
Once at the top, the magnificent sights of Everest, Kanchenjunga, Cho Oyu, Makalu, Nuptse, and Chamlang Himal will reward you. You’ll begin climbing down and access the same route back to Khare. After clearing the base camp, you’ll embark on a short trek east. A short descent along the rock moraines brings you to Kongme Dingma.
- Enjoy the most exciting day of the trek as you leave the high camp and climb the Mera Peak summit.
- Catch the majestic mountainous panorama, including Mount Everest, Cho Oyu, Lhotse, Kanchenjunga, and Makalu.
- 17-18 Day
Trek to Amphu Latcha camp vai Seto Pokhari
Leaving Kongme Dingma, the trail begins to climb along the rich Yak pastures, also known as Kharka. You may witness few shepherd huts along the trail. Enjoy the magnificent sights of Chamlang Himal and Baruntse Peak as you make your way towards Seto Pokhari. The trail begins to climb through snow moraine before reaching Seto Pokhari. Leaving Seto Pokhari, you'll embark on an upper flunk leading towards Amphu Lapcha Base Camp. Enjoy the majestic sight of Mount Everest as you continue climbing along the glacial lakes towards Hunku Pokhari. A short hike brings you to Amphu Lapcha Base Camp South.
- Climb through the remote glacial pond of Seto Pokhari and Hunku Pokhari.
- Catch the majestic sights of Mount Everest, Baruntse, and Chamlang Himal.
- 19 Day
Cross the Amphu Laptcha pass and trek to Island peak base camp: walk 9 hrs
Leaving Amphu Lapcha Base Camp, you’ll begin traversing the snowy path leading to Amphu Lapcha Pass. You'll access the Upper Hunku Valley, which is always covered with snow. Almost five hours into the trek, you’ll finally arrive at Amphu Lapcha Pass. Continue trekking along the glaciated path and head down to Imja Glacier. A few hours of descent along the Amphu Lapcha Glacier brings you to Imja Tsho Lake, located just beside Imja Glacier. From here, you’ll begin ascending along the rocky moraine towards Island Peak Base Camp.
- Climb the highest and remotest mountainous pass in the Everest Region, Amphu Lapcha Pass.
- Enjoy trekking along with the beautiful glaciers of Lhotse Shar, Amphu Lapcha, and Imja.
- 20 Day
Rest day at Island peak base camp Today is a rest day at Island Peak Base Camp. You can spend this day preparing for the upcoming climb. Summiting Island peak is relatively easier than summiting Mera Peak. Enjoy a short hike around Imja Glacier and walk down to Imja Tsho Lake. Overnight in Island Peak Base Camp.
- 21 Day
Summit the Island peak ( 6189 m), approx climb 10 hrs
The most awaited day is here. The day begins early as you wake up at around 2 am. We have our breakfast and prepare to make the final summit. Carry the necessary gear and equipment for the climb. In the meantime, your Sherpa crew will prepare the ropes. The journey begins with a slow climb through snow and few crevasses before arriving at the right side of the glaciated gully.
A steep climb takes you to the ridge from where you can access the exposed ridge leading to the top. Follow a steep ridge line leading towards the exposed traverse. The final ascent takes you along the steep section using fixed rope and crampons. Once at the top, you can enjoy the majestic view of the surrounding mountains, including Amadablam, Lhotse, and Makalu. Embark on the descent and continue climbing back to Island Peak Base Camp. After clearing the camp, you'll continue trekking down to base camp or Chhukung village.
- Summit the most popular trekking peak in Nepal, Island Peak.
- Catch the beautiful sights of Amadablam, Makalu, Lhotse Shar glacier from the top.
- 22-24 Day
Trek down to Lukla via Pangbohe and Namche
Retrace your path and continue climbing down along the Chhukung glacier towards Dudh Koshi Valley. A short descend along the glaciated path brings you to the Sherpa village of Dingboche. From here, you’ll continue climbing down towards Imja Khola. Cross the river and continue climbing uphill towards Pangboche. A short descent overlooking the beautiful Ama Dablam peak brings you to Tengboche village via Debuche. Enjoy some time exploring the century-old Tengboche Monastery. From here, the trail continues to drop downstream along the Dudh Koshi River towards Namche Bazaar.
Bid adieu to the beautiful view of Kongde Ri Peak as you begin climbing down towards Monjo village. Exit Sagarmatha National Park at Monjo and continue climbing down to Lukla via Phakding village.
- Enjoy trekking through the famous Everest Base Camp Trail and explore the beautiful Dudh Koshi Valley.
- Visit the most popular Pangboche Monastery and Tengboche Monastery. Tengboche Monastery is a 100-years-old monastery in Tengboche that hosts the annual Tiji festival.
- Explore Namche Bazaar, the largest village in the region, and enjoy the beautiful sight of Kongde Ri Peak.
- 25 Day
Fly to Kathmandu and stay at hotel
Bid farewell to Lukla as you board on the flight to Kathmandu. Enjoy a 30min long flight from Lukla to Kathmandu overlooking the pristine mountains and lush forested hills. Upon arrival, you'll drive to the hotel and enjoy your breakfast. Overnight in Kathmandu.
- Experience a thrilling flight from Lukla to Kathmandu.
- Enjoy the beautiful aerial tour of Kathmandu Valley.
- Spend quality time at Kathmandu enjoying souvenir shopping, massage.
- 26 Day
Twin peak expedition ends / airport transfer
Today is the last day of the trip. Bid adieu to Kathmandu City as you embark on a flight back home. We’ll drive you to the airport approximately two hours before your flight time.