Annapurna Circuit Trek
Annapurna Circuit Trek – an exploration of the diverse culture, lifestyles and topography.
This Annapurna circuit trek is one of the classics, most diverse and stunning tea house trek in the Himalaya. We witness the fascinating ethnic groups having their own language and tradition. The incredible views of some of the most stunning 8000 meter peaks including the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges – simply wonderful. We explore the natural diversity from lush, tropical rice paddies to moss-laden rhododendron forests. Besides that the Tibetan fortresses clinging to rocky cliffs – great natural diversity. Walking through the naturally rich terrain of diverse topography trekker has a chance to experience the rich cultural diversity of Hinduism, Buddhism. The mysterious Bon-Po religion still co-exist and intermingle with other at same place.
We have specially designed this Annapurna circuit trek itinerary making it shorter. It avoids the walk on recently build road as long as possible. We start the trek from Bulbule after a drive from Kathmandu. We finish our walk at Jomsom from where we take flight to Pokhara. This trekking route keeps all the main highlights of classic around Annapurna trek intact. The hiking route includes the Great Himalayan trail from Dharapani to Kagbeni, the Tibetan Buddhist dominated settlements. Further more we explore the Braga monastery, the oldest in the region at Manang. Not to miss the shine of Muktinath, a famous pilgrimage site being worshiped by both Hindu and Buddhist devotees together.
Crossing the Thorung la pass – diverse and classic route
No doubt climbing over the challenging pass of Thorung la at 5416 meter is tough but rewarding to the great sense of achievement. Undoubtedly the view from the pass is truly spectacular on this Annapurna circuit trek. It spreads from the northwest wind eroded “Once Forbidden Kingdom” of Mustang valley to incredible mountain ranges of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri to the southwest. Originally the pass was initially used as a trade route, herding agricultural products on yaks and donkeys. In fact people of Mustang identify themselves closer with Tibet and the Mustang region has actually been part of Tibet in past. At the end we also do explore the peaceful lake city of Pokhara to end the exhilarating trip to Annapurna circuit trek.
- Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu / Nepali dinner with ethnic cultural program.
- Day 02: Cultural tour to Boudhnath Stupa and Hindu Cremation site / Trek preparation.
- Day 03: Drive to Besishahar and trek to Bulbule to start the Annapurna circuit trek.
- Day 04 - 05: Trekking along the Marsayandi River.
- Day 06-07: Trek through alpine terrain of Chame and Pisang, great views.
- Day 08-09: Continue hiking to Manang, with stunning mountain panorama.
- Day 10-11: Trek to Phedi, amazing views, preparation to cross the Thorong la pass.
- Day 12: Trek to Muktinath after the Cross over Thorong La Pass. Stunning Panoramic views.
- Day 13-14: Trek to Jomsom with historical visit to Kagbeni, the gate of Upper Mustang.
- Day 15: Fly to Pokhara to end the Annapurna circuit trekking /stay at hotel / free exploration day
- Day 16: Drive to Kathmandu / PM free to explore.
- Day 17: Annapurna circuit trek ends / airport transfer.