Remote and Demanding camping trekking in the Himalayas
Dhaulagiri trek is one of the challenging adventure treks in Nepal. The world’s seventh highest peak, Dhaulagiri ( 8167 m) rises majestically in isolation just above the deep cliff of the Kali Gandaki valley. It unfolds breathtaking around Dhaulagiri trek at its best.
This around Dhaulagiri trekking follows glaciers and crosses high snow capped passes. A challenge suited only to fit individuals wishing to go on remote demanding trekking in Nepal. Walk through the pristine valley of Myagdi, lush terraced hillsides, traditional villages, rugged terrain of massif Dhaulagiri is tough. But technically straightforward French and Thapa passes are simply sensational. This is to keep the everlasting memories being in Nepal for strenuous camping trekking.
- Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu / dinner with ethnic cultural program.
- Day 02: Heritage cultural tour / Trek preparation.
- Day 03: Drive to Beni and start Dhaulagiri trekking.
- Day 04-10: Trekking to Italian base camp, savour the stunning beauty of Himalayan peaks of Churen Himal, Gurja, Ghustung south, Tsarabang peak, Jirbang, Manapati.
- Day 11-12: Trek to Dhaulagiri Depot after Acclimatisation rest day
- Day 13: Trekking to Dhaulagiri Base Camp.
- Day 14: Trek to Hidden Valley camp (5025m), cross the challenging French pass: Stunning panorama of Dhaulagiri range.
- Day 15-16: Trekking to Yak Kharkha, cross the Dhampus pass.
- Day 17-23: Descent down to Nayapul via famed Poon hill: drive to Pokhara / hotel
- ay 24-25: Flight to Kathmandu / Free day.
- Day 26: Dhaulagiri trekking ends / Airport departure.