Everest Circuit Trek
Everest circuit trek – complete trekking itinerary of Everest region
The Everest circuit trek includes the dramatic Himalayan traverse of the spectacular Cho La pass. Hence this pass links the pristine blue Gokyo lakes with landmark destination of Everest Base Camp. Thus Gokyo Everest base camp trekking is one of the most wonderful and complete hiking package in Everest region. Truly it combines magnificent close-up views of Everest from Kalapathar, the awesome experience of Everest Base Camp with the sparkling Gokyo Lakes. Besides that the rewarding ascent of Gokyo Ri for superb, panoramic views of the Himalayas. Of course the thrill of crossing of the Cho La pass with captivating scenery at one go.
We start the Everest Circuit trek with the exciting flight into Lukla. Furthermore we hike up to Namche Bazaar, the unofficial Sherpa capital with its diverse and colourful mix of people. Not to miss the Sherpa museum, monastery and busy market stalls full of local products and Tibetan artefacts. No doubt an interesting and thoroughly rewarding experience. Moreover leaving the popular Everest Base Camp trails behind us, we trek up the serene Gokyo Valley, pass 3 breathtakingly beautiful blue glacial lakes set among glistening, snow-capped peaks.
Everest Circuit Trek – a challenging hike to EBC with Gokyo lakes with Chola pass
We continue the dramatic chola pass trek by ascending Gokyo Ri in the crisp early sunrise. This hike offer an incredible, awe-inspiring 360 degree view of many of the world’s highest peaks. Not to mention an unforgettable experience to see the Cho Oyu, Everest, Lhotse, Nupste and Makalu with the massive and Nepal’s the longest Nagozumpa glacier at one breath. After exploring the Gokyo valley, we cross the challenging Cho La pass on the way to Everest Base Camp and Kalapathar. Further more We witness the fabulous views as you descend from the pass through glistening pristine snowfields into a broad secluded valley in our Everest circuit trek making a big circle of Everest region.
Gokyo Chola pass Everest base camp trekking
Notably we feel the increasing thrill and anticipation of drawing ever closer to the mt. Everest. The highest mountain on earth always just ahead of you. We hike to Kalapathar and Everest base camp to leave the historical footprint at base camp. Truly a memorable experience and great achievement. We descend through Pheriche, Pangboche, a traditional Sherpa villages and Thyangboche with its famous and ornately decorated Buddhist monastery. Obviously still many things and places to see on return down to Lukla. In short this Everest Circuit trekking is a combination of Gokyo Everest Base Camp trek linked with the hike over the challenging Cho La pass.
- Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu / dinner with cultural program to start the Everest circuit trip.
- Day 02: Explore Boudhnath and Pashupatinath / Everest circuit trek orientation and preparation.
- Day 03: Fly to Lukla and start Everest base camp gokyo lakes trekking.
- Day 04 - 05: Trekking to Namche / Acclimatization rest day.
- Day 06: Trek to Kumjung.
- Day 07-08: Trekking up the Gokyo Valley and enjoy views of massive Cho Oyu.
- Day 09-10: Climb Gokyo Ri / savour the stunning looks of Mt. Everest and pristine lakes.
- Day 11: Trekking on the moraines of the Ngozumpa Glacier to Thangna.
- Day 12-13: Cross the challenging Chola pass and trek to Lobuche: enjoy the superb beauty of Nature.
- Day 14: Trekking Kala Pathar for views across Khumbu Glacier to Everest.
- Day 15: Exploration to the Everest Base Camp.
- Day 16-18: Trekking down to Lukla to end the Everest circuit trek via Pheriche, Thyangboche.
- Day 19: Himalayan flight back to Kathmandu after the Everest circuit trek / Rest day.
- Day 20: Free day in Kathmandu.
- Day 21: Trip ends / Airport transfer to end the Everest base camp gokyo lakes trek.