Gokyo Lakes Trek
Gokyo Everest Trek – an exploration of the high alpine yak pasture, Sherpa culture and sparkling glacial lakes next to the Everest.
The Gokyo lakes trek is one the most picturesque less trodden trek in Everest region. Probably the best alternative of classic Everest base camp who wish to trek relative less trodden section in Everest region. Undoubtedly this trek exhibits the solitary valleys, pristine turquoise lakes, stunning glacier and parade of snowy peaks together. We have designed this Gokyo trekking itinerary with the hike to the Gokyo and Bhote Koshi with Renjo pass. Arguable the pass offer the best vantage point in entire Everest region. Notably four of the eight highest peaks of Lhotse, Makalu, Cho – Oyu, Everest hovering in the horizon with sparkling lakes. Thus it makes a circuit trekking rather than to retrace the same way as most of the classic Gokyo valley trekking program.
Gokyo Lakes Trek – less trodden hike in Everest region
Obviously our Gokyo lakes trek we explore and enjoy the Sherpa hospitality. Besides that we ascend through the rhododendron and conifer forest to the yak herders’ settlements of sacred lakes in Gokyo valley. In fact trekkers’ paradise valley of vibrant turquoise lakes which are set among like jewels midst the highest snowy peaks. Spectacular but challenging traverse onto the Renjo la to the dramatic solitary Bhote Koshi valley. This route put you on the historical trade route between Nepal and Tibet. Expect to encounter with the native Tibetan traders on this section. An exploration hike of Thame valley unveils the unspoiled Himalayan vistas at its best as we descend to Lukla to end the adventure journey to Gokyo lakes and Renjo la pass in Everest.
Gokyo Everest trekking with Proper Safety
As on other trip above 4000 meter, we follow the responsible trekking policy to have 1 trekker:1 Porter. Safety of trek member and crew on top agenda. Above all we carry the Oxygen cylinder on your trip to Gokyo lakes trek as a safety back up.
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu / dinner with cultural program.
- Day 02: Explore Buddhist Boudhnath and Hindu Pashupatinath temple.
- Day 03: Flight to Lukla (2800 m /9,186ft) Trek to Phakding (2600 m / 8530ft) Walk approx. 3/4hrs
- Day 04 - 05: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3450 m /11,318ft) walk approx 7 hrs.
- Day 06: Khumjung (3780 m /12,401ft) walks 3 hrs.
- Day 07: Dole (4040 m / 13,250ft) walk approx 5 - 6 hrs.
- Day 08: Machhermo (4410m / 14,468ft) walk approx 3-4 hrs.
- Day 09: Gokyo (4754m/15,597ft) walk approx 5-6 hrs.
- Day 10: Ascent of Gokyo Ri (5483 m / 17,988ft) trek back to dole approx time 4 hrs.
- Day 11: Trek to Lungden crossing the Rinjo pass
- Day 12: Trek down to Thame
- Day 13: Trek down to Namche walk approx 5 hrs. Differnt route
- Day 14 - 15: Retrace back to Lukla via Phakding
- Day 16 - 17: Fly to Kathmandu and explore day in Kathmandu
- Day 18: Gokyo lakes trek ends and airport transfer