- 1 Day
Arrival in Kathmandu, EBC trek preparation and stay at hotel.
You may arrive at Kathmandu at any time. When you land, you will be greeted by one of our airport representatives. He will help you get transferred to your Hotel. Overnights stay at the Hotel in Kathmandu.
- You will meet your guide and crew members upon reaching the Hotel.
- A briefing will be given to you by your guide about the upcoming trip, including all necessary information regarding the trek.
- If you arrive early during the day, you can also have a short exploration of the city before you settle into your Hotel.
- 2 Day
Fly to Lukla (2,800m) and trek to Phakding (2,650).
Early in the morning, you will be transferred to the airport for your Lukla flight. The short flight to Lukla is one of the many highlights of the trekking journey. Since the Lukla Airport is located atop a hill with one end of the runway dropping off into the gaping valley below, landing at Lukla is a jittery experience, coupled with aerial views of Nepal's distant Himalayan peaks rising against the clouds.
From Lukla, you will begin your short trek to Phakding, a prominent village of the Khumbu region. From the village, you can get good views of the first Everest peak- the Kusum Kanguru. Overnights stay at the guesthouse at Phakding.
- Experience a mountain flight unlike anything else in the world from Kathmandu to the mountain capital of the country- Khumbu
- Trek through the alpine Himalayan foothills into the Dudh Koshi River Valley, following the trail from Lukla to Phakding
- Take in the magnificent first proper view of a neighbouring Peak of the Everest massif- the Kusum Kanguru worshipped as an abode of a deity by the local Sherpa
- 3 Day
Trek to Namche (3,440m).
From Phakding, you will make your way to the famous Himalayan town of Namche Bazaar today. Along the way, you will pass by several small settlements as well, like Tok-Tok, Benkar, Monjo, and Jorsale among others. The journey meanders along the Dudh Koshi River, requiring you to cross several suspension bridges to finally reach Namche Bazaar.
The path also enters the Sagarmatha National Park. A steady up-and-downhill journey that passes through the alpine woodlands of the valley, the pathway is also embedded with views of mountain peaks like the Kusum Kangraru and the Everest decorate the skyline. Overnights stay at the guesthouse at Namche Bazaar.
- Enter the Sagarmatha National Park- a UNESCO Natural World Heritage Site of Nepal
- Enjoy alpine flora and fauna of the sacred Pine and Maple woodlands of the park, home to animals like the Danphe bird and the Musk Deer
- Enjoy your first views of the Everest Peak and many of its neighbouring peaks like the Ama Dablam and the Thamserku as you make your way to the commercial hub of Khumbu, Namche Bazaar
- 4 Day
Exploration and acclimatization rest day.
This day is reserved for acclimatization. You will spend the day at Namche Bazaar, exploring the town and visiting its many wonderful attractions. Namche hosts the Sherpa Culture Museum and the Everest Photo Gallery. Also, you can choose to trek to the Syangboche airstrip which is situated just above the town. From Syangboche, you can see the panorama of the sprawling Namche town below, along with the view of mountain peaks like the Thamserku and the Kongde RI, as well as the Ama Dablam and Mount Everest.
You can also enjoy a visit to the Everest View Hotel, which, as the name suggests, boasts views of Everest peaks from all of its windows. Overnights stay at the guesthouse at Namche.
- Enjoy visiting the Sherpa Culture Museum and the Everest Photo Gallery at Namche, the most famous town of Khumbu.
- Trek to the Syangboche Airstrip for majestic views of the Himalayan Peaks and a panorama of the town
- Enjoy hot butter tea in the verandah of the Everest View Hotel, the highest located hotel in the world
- 5 Day
Trek to Thyangboche (3,800m).
From Namche, you will beeline towards Thyangboche, another famous village in the region. Passing by ridgelines and suspension bridges over the Imja River, you will eventually reach Thyangboche, also known as the spiritual hub of Khumbu. Here, you can visit the village monastery, one of the largest monasteries in the region. You can also enjoy mesmerizing views of the Ama Dablam Peak from here. Moreover, the village is surrounded by rhododendron woods that are home to many Himalayan eagles and colorful Danphe birds, as well as many Himalayan fowls. Overnights stay at the guesthouse at Tengboche.
- Visit the Thyangboche Monastery, the spiritual center of the region
- Enjoy a trek through the rhododendron-laden terrain of the Imja River valley
- Take in magnificent views of the Everest massif
- 6 Day
Trek to Dingboche (4,360m).
From Thyangboche, you will be walking under the baldachin of Himalayan Pine and juniper hamlets towards the summer valley of Dingboche- a beautiful village situated in the hilly folds of the Imja Valley. Dingboche is quite dramatic in its location as it is situated at the foothill of the Tserko RI beside the Imja River. The trek is amazing and the views of mountain peaks of the Everest massif are always present just over the skyline, keeping your company. Overnights stay at the guesthouse at Dingboche.
- Enjoy spectacular views of the Island Peak from the village
- Enjoy the Sherpa culture that manifests in forms like Stupas, Mani stone walls, and Chortens along the trekking journey from Thyangboche to Dingboche
- Take in vast fields of barley and buckwheat farms near the village, enclosed within a kilometer-long wall built to protect the village crops from the sweeping cold winds of the Himalayas
- 7 Day
Exploration and rest day at Dingboche (4,360m).
This is another day reserved for acclimatization. Today, you can explore the village and enjoy the traditional ambiance the place offers, with its many Mani stones carved with prayers, Chortens and Prayer wheels embedded within the Stupa walls. You could relax as well, or you could also have a hike up the vantage point of the Tserko RI to enjoy panoramic views of the Imja Valley and the Everest peaks. Overnights stay at the guesthouse at Dingboche.
- •Enjoy the traditional culture of Dingboche’s rustic ambiance
- •Hike to the vantage point of Tserko RI from where a panoramic view of the gaping open Imja valley is presented
- •Take in mesmerizing sights of the Everest mountain peaks like the Lhotse, Nuptse and the Am Dablam among others
- 8 Day
Trek to Lobuche (4,930m).
From Dingboche, you will be following the trail that winds alongside the Imja River towards Lobuche- a small settlement that is towered over by the Lobuche Peaks, from which the village also gets its name. As you progress, you can also notice the terrain changing from greener pastures to rocky soils and snowy barren grounds. You will also pass by the village of Pheriche along the way. Overnights stay at the guesthouse at Lobuche.
- Enjoy the colossal peaks of the Lobuche Range that tower over the village
- Trek through changing terrains of Himalayan pastures that give way to snowy fields of rock boulders at a place called Chupki Lharka
- Pay a visit to the Memorial Chorten where homage is built to people who died during various Himalayan events
- 9 Day
Trek to Gorak Shep (5,290 m) Excursion to Everest base camp (5,365 m).
This is one of the most anticipated days of the trek. You will be trekking to the base camp of Mount Everest today. From Lobuche, you will trek past the sparsely populated settlement of Gorakshep. From there, the path finally leads towards the base camp. You will also pass by the Khumbu Glacier Moraine along the way. Upon reaching the base camp, you can take in the scenery and enjoy your time. You can see the Khumbu Icefall from the base. During peak expedition time, the base camp becomes a beautiful canvas of colorful tents set against the snowy fields. The base camp is where the Everest Expedition starts from. After sending time at the base camp, you will return to Gorakshep. Overnights stay at Gorakshep.
- Reach the base camp of Mount Everest
- Take in the view of the dramatic Khumbu Icefall from the camp
- Trek to/from snowy landscapes located at the base of the highest mountain peak on the planet
- 10 Day
Climb Kalapathar ( 5550 m) and trek down to Pherichee.
The vantage point of Kalapatthar is known for its panoramic view of the entire Mount Everest massif. The trek to Kalapatthar is usually made quite early in the morning before dawn. From the vantage point, the sunrise view amidst the Everest peaks is an ethereal phenomenon. The peaks tend to change color, going from silver to gold as the rising sun spreads its golden rays over the mountains. From Kalapatthar, you will make your way back to Pheriche, trekking along the same pathway as before. The journey downhill is easier than the trek uphill. Overnights stay at the guesthouse at Pheriche.
- Take in the panoramic view of the entire Mount Everest massif from the vantage point of Kalapatthar 5550 meter
- Enjoy a heavenly sight of the sunrise amidst the Everest peaks
- Trek down the terrain towards trans-Himalayan woodlands once again from the snowy fields
- 11 Day
Trek to Namche.
From Pheriche, you will follow the pathway back down the valley, hiking along the hillside trackback to Namche Bazaar. Crossing the Imja River again, you will reach Thyangboche, where you can experience the diverse landscape that changes from snowy fields back to greener terrains as pines and scented maples decorate the terrain. Passing by villagers working on farms, collecting firewood or tending to the cattle, you will make your way back to Namche Bazaar, making way for mule and yak caravans on occasions. Overnights stay at the guesthouse at Namche.
- You can enjoy the sight of gaping open valleys and the river flowing below as you trek on the ridgelines of the hills.
- The trek back down is easier, which gives you more time to enjoy the Himalayan pastures and the rustic environment of the Himalayan settlements of Khumbu
- Along the way, you can also visit the Thyangboche Monastery once again and offer your thanks for a successful trip by lighting a butter lamp and taking a blessing from the monks
- 12 Day
Everest base camp trek ends with hike to Lukla (2,860 m).
From Namche, you will make your way back through the Dudh Koshi River valley, pass by Phakding and Monjo, exit the national park and make your way back towards Lukla. Once there, you will have the rest of the time to yourself, which you can spend exploring the village or relaxing at the guesthouse. Overnights stay at the guesthouse at Lukla.
- You can have celebratory drinks at the Lukla guesthouse at the end of the day
- You can thank your porters for their hard work by tipping
- 13 Day
Fly to Kathmandu (1,340m).
From Lukla, you will say goodbye to the mountains for the last time and catch your flight back to the city. At Kathmandu, you can spend your time as you please, resting or shopping, as per your preference. Overnights stay at the Hotel in Kathmandu.
- Experience the thrilling Lukla flight back to the city once again
- Enjoy the mountain views for the last time
- You can explore the many restaurants in Kathmandu, and can also visit the shops for souvenirs
- 14 Day
14 Days EBC hike ends / Airport transfer.
Approximately three hours before your scheduled flight, you will be transferred to the airport by one of our staff members from where you will depart.